A MONSTROUS cage, indeed!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyBug

Sometimes I love too much
So the husband and I ordered the third story for our Ferret Nation so we could condense our three girls (... and so I could get into my closet again). I spent about an hour or so putting it all together today, including removing the center shelf so that Carmen and Minnie have a SUPER house. Trousers has the top penthouse suite and loves it because of the better view of the TV. Sorry I can't get the best picture of the cage, it TOWERS over me (I'm about 5'3'', so the two story ferret nation was about my size). In order to play with Trousers I have to stand on the folding chair you see to the right of the cage.

BIG cage!.jpg

OK, so this next one isn't a pic of the cage, per se, but I think this is the cutest pic of the two of them that I have ever taken; they act like they never hated one another! Minnie is SO protective of her little sister :)

Carmie and Minnie.jpg

We're still working on the cage (I want that last ugly FN shelf OUT!), but we've gotten rid of the plastic, put in a flying saucer, and added several wooden shelves. We also got our Bass pan yesterday and have many fleece liners to use!

Wowee, its 'mungous! I was considering a 3rd level but I think they will seem too far away.

Be sure to get a hammock/shelves in the middle of the cage there. It looks like it could be a far fall.

That's exactly what I was going to say, but you said you were still working on it and my eyesights going bad so I wasn't sure if something was there to catch a fall, just in case, anyway, its HUGE, and kind of funny that you have to stand on a chair to get up to your "top" chinnie, lol!

Don't worry - there are shelves all over the place! They have a shelf staircase leading up to their sleeping box! You might not be able to see it, but the box itself is on a really large shelf.

I wouldn't risk my sweeties for anything (but thanks for the concern)! ;)

You could always take off the legs, and attatch the wheels to the bottom, so it brings it down a bit.

I love the look of it. I want to add a level to one of mine!

I love nice, big, tall cages...they just look like so much fun for the chins. lol
I'm almost 5'2" so I don't think I'd go too much taller than about 5 1/2 feet tall when I build Cinder's new cage. :hmm:

You could always take off the legs, and attatch the wheels to the bottom, so it brings it down a bit.

I love the look of it. I want to add a level to one of mine!

That is what I just did with mine-- My girls have one level to share and my vys have 2 levels to themselves. I took the bottom storage shelf off so I could still reach the top level--- I still use a step stool. I am only 5'3 " so that is super tall. I love the cage like that-- IT IS HUGE!! It really saves on room : ) Eventually, if I ever stop doing rescue-- I will separate the cages and give my boys one whole 142 and my girls one whole 142.

JennyB I have a 3 story Ferret Nation too! It's HUGE! Thankfully my son is 6'5" and he does all the watering and feeding for me! Abigail and Solange are currently up on the penthouse floor but I'm hoping someday to get Abigail, Solange and Bronwyn to share space, and then the 3 of them will have the upper 2 stories in the 3 story. Currently Leonard, the fish bowl chin, is living in the basement!

Back