A couple of my 2012 RW boys

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznmexaggie

Chinchilla Chateau
My RWs were very prolific last yr but I decided to keep 2 males - one RW and one carrier.

First is one of my RW growers who I call Eiswein. I'm pretty happy with how he's turning out so far. His conformation is an improvement on his parents and his fur density is decent for a RW but still soft. Hoping to improve these things with each subsequent generation.

The second picture is Sake, a RW/carrier. I just put him into breeding yesterday in a pair cage setup. This guy has pretty good conformation, good clarity and density for a carrier so I think he will be a pretty useful breeding tool. He's an interesting guy... He's generally very calm and enjoys a scritch under the chin but when I open his cage door, will first back up into the back cage wall with his rear partially lifted... weirdo... I guess he doesn't really like me bothering him and is just trying to back away! Haha

Attachments

• DSC_0683.jpg
    DSC_0683.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0684-1.jpg
    DSC_0684-1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 55
He's generally very calm and enjoys a scritch under the chin but when I open his cage door, will first back up into the back cage wall with his rear partially lifted... weirdo... I guess he doesn't really like me bothering him and is just trying to back away! Haha

Are you maybe a suspected tail theif?! =O Thats a big concern to Chillas, they like their tails... :neener:

Cute boys, some day I want a RW pet. ^^

Ah! Such pretty chins! Are you wanting to breed anything specific for your RWs, as in, do you have a specific breeding goal for your RW line? I would never go into breeding myself, but I do find it very interesting ha ha!

At this point, they need a lot of improvement in fur density, fur strength, and conformation. Clarity is pretty decent in most of them. Size can be improved too and by using some nice standards, it continues to improve with each subsequent generation but not my #1 focus at this point.

He's generally very calm and enjoys a scritch under the chin but when I open his cage door, will first back up into the back cage wall with his rear partially lifted... weirdo... I guess he doesn't really like me bothering him and is just trying to back away! Haha

So that's why he looks so funny in that picture! I hope you can get good improvement from both of them. Good luck!

Back