6" PVC pipe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcfluegel

any suggestions on where to locate 6" PVC pipe for making cuddle tubes (with fleece covers...) out of? thus far, the biggest diameter I seem to be locating is 4"...

halp?:wacko:

hrm... I may need to track down a helpful associate, then - thus far, unless I am just missing it somehow, I have only found the 4" stuff there... of course, it is ENTIRELY possible that I am just having a bozo moment...

I would try calling them before you make another trip. I've learned the hard way that not all department stores carry the same things in different areas! Good luck :thumbsup:

crikey - apparently it was a bozo moment - just located a 10' length on the lowes website of the "PVC DWV Schedule 40 Foam Core Pipe"... thanks!

I would try a plumbing company and see if they carry pvc for irrigation. The pvc is a lot lighter than at Lowes.

I've never found 6" at Home Depot or Lowes here except for a very short piece that was very expensive.

I get mine (comes in 20ft) at a landscaping company.

Good luck.

My local Lowes has 6" pvc pipe (well the elbows, Ts, etc.) in a lighter version. Never bought the 6" but I have 2 of the 4" lighter weight ones.

Home depot by me doesn't have the 6" I have to go to lowes. They won't cut it for me, so I bring a hack saw to make it fit in my car, then I cut it up at home.

you folks rock - thanks for pointing me in the right direction - found a plumbing supply store less than a mile from the house with 10' lengths in various grades/ thicknesses (from $18 to $26 and up...)

should get me rolling as we have a few new FNs to set up...

Back