2013 Surprise Spring Field Day - May 18 - Burlington, KS

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kansas City Chinchillas

HEARTLAND GROUP

SURPRISE SPRING FIELD DAY

Date: SATURDAY MAY 18, 2013
Hosting Branches: S. Minnesota, Greater Kansas City, Nebraska, N. Illinois, Wisconsin
Type of Show: Live Standard Show / Live Mutation Show
Judge: DR. JOE BUTLER

Location: Burlington 4H Hall 625 South 3rd Street Burlington, Kansas

Reservations: Country Haven Inn, 207 Cross St., Burlington, Ks. 620-364-8260
Wolf Creek Lodge, 919 N. 4th, Burlington, Ks. 620-364-1454
Wyatt Earp Inn, 2745 Hwy 75, Lebo, Ks. 620-256-6351
Townsman Motel, Hwy 54 & 75, Yates Center, Ks. 620-625-2131

Admission Fee: $5 per animal entry fee for first string, $4 per animal entry fee for all other strings entered.

Strings will consist of 10 animals. You may enter as many strings of 10 as you want.
All animals must remain caged and in the exhibition Hall at all times. Policy does not allow animals anywhere except the exhibition hall.

THERE WILL BE AN OVERALL COMBINED TROPY FOR GRAND SHOW, RESERVE GRAND SHOW AND THIRD BEST OF SHOW.
BREEDER AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR 1ST AND 2ND ONLY.

Animals may be entered and caged after 7:30 P.M. FRIDAY Entry and Grooming: 6:00 A.M. to 10:15 A.M. SATURDAY
Caging available until 10:00 A.M. SUNDAY
Show Committee: Mike Lawrence -- (620) 490-0325 – (Show Chairman & Awards Official)
Vicki Merritt – (816) 726-1542 - (Registration Chair)
Robert Merritt – (816)419-0562 – (Heartland President)

Silent Auction Rules: Owner puts his bottom dollar on any animals he wishes to sell. Cards will be kept on the awards or registration table stating the price. Anyone interested in buying an animal may then raise this price and identify the bid with their name. Then anyone else interested may raise the bid etc... A bidder can raise the bid even though he has previously bid on the animal. The owner may not raise his original bottom dollar price, and cannot bid on his own animals. Chinchillas must be priced before the show begins 10.30 am. The bidding may begin anytime thereafter and will continue until 30 minutes after the end of the shows, at which time bidding will cease.
TEN PERCENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF ALL CHINCHILLAS SOLD REMAINS WITH THE HEARTLAND CHINCHILLA GROUP.​

WOO HOO!!! Sounds like a fun time!!!

Anyone carpooling??? No chins, just me. I'm in Denver but can drive on I-70 or I-80 to meet up with you...

You can also bring 6 Standards and 4 Mutations or any other combination of both and receive points for all 10 animals toward a Breeder award. If you bring 11-19 animals, your top 10 point receiving animals will be used toward the Breeder awards. There will only be one set of Breeder awards given but, they will be a Standard and Mutation combined best score.

This will be a great field day show to attend both to learn how judging chins at the show is done as well as opportunity to buy some really nice pedigreed show quality chins very cheap. Anyone attending the show can bid on and buy any of the chins on the silent auction. It's open to all with several of the animals actually in the show, you get a free evaluation and award from a sanctioned judge on the chin as well. I will have several chins for sale in the show as well as several other long time, well respected breeders will too. It's an excellent opportunity to meet new chin people, learn a lot, and pick up a real quality chin or two. Hope to see you there!

I don't have all the class results from the show since I was handling animals. We had about 65 total animals shown and had a very competitive show with a lot of real good quality animals.

Results I have:

Grand Show Champion Mark Miller (standard)

Reserve Grand Show Bob Merritt (standàrd)

3rd Best of Show Bob Merritt (standard)

Combined Total Breeder Award (10 animals)

1st Bob Smith 74pts
2nd Bob Merritt 73pts
3rd Mark Miller 72pts
4th Mike Lawrence

We had a great time and although it was a smaller show it was very competitive. Thanks to Dr. Joe Butler who did a very nice job as our judge.

Back