2012 Atlantic Chapter Show - State College, PA! April 13th-14th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have decided on which of the boys I am donating for the raffle. Since I'm not keeping either, I guess it doesn't matter, but if I'm going to list the other one for sale I better know which one is the raffle chin! lol

I can't wait for this show.

Which hotel would "the locals" recommend?

Where is everyone else staying? I am going to try to swing coming to this show even though I have nothing left to show!

You too - I feel like I need to dig a chin up for you! :)

I feel bad that I didn't have one for you at Nationals.

I am hoping to be less stressed at this show and able to visit and talk to people more.

Where are you staying?

We are staying at the Super 8. There is not many places to stay at now. Can't wait to see everyone there. I have decided to donate a young standard female for the raffle. She's going to be nice when she grows out. She'll be 5.5 mos old by the time Atlantic comes around.

I had been recommending the Hampton Inn, but I'm told now it's full. The reason I wasn't recommending the Super 8, even though it's cheaper, is because it is located on the business strip and might be more difficult to navigate through town for those of you unfamiliar with State College. I'm spoiled because I work there and can get around easily, so those of you staying there will have to tell me if you had any trouble getting around. It shouldn't be too bad Saturday, I wouldn't think, but if you're getting in during rush hour Friday, there will be traffic.

I just updated our webpage with all the raffle items I received at Nationals and that have arrived here up to this afternoon. I know there will be more items brought to the show, but I am already very touched by the quality and quantity of the donations we've received. At this point, there are so many items that pretty much everyone will win something!

A couple other things: this is Dave's last show with us. Dave is a big fan of desserts in general but specifically chocolate, so we were planning on doing an all-chocolate selection of desserts for lunch. I already asked Megan to bring her knock-you-naked brownies, I am going to attempt a chocolate cheesecake, and anyone else that wants to throw something in we welcome it, whether it be cupcakes, brownies, pudding, candies, whatever! The more the better, whether store bought or homemade. I promise it won't go to waste. Especially with Dave around. ;)

Also, we're going to do a page in the showbook with messages from all of us to thank Dave and Chris for their guidance and support over the years. If you have something you'd like to say, please get it to me by this weekend so I can put them all together and send it off to Jim for the showbooks.

And lastly, reservations for the banquet and showbook ads are due this weekend as well! Don't forget to get those in!

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my Raffle standard female. She is out of a litter of triplets born 10.31.2011 and weighs 550 gr as of today. She is pushing baby fur right now. I think she will be a nice addition to anyone's herd. I know I am going to bid on her. I really liked her when I was grooming her this morning. She is going to be decent.

Attachments

• rafflechin.jpg
    rafflechin.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 25
I'm going to go broke on this show! Between buying animals, going to the banquet...and paying for all the raffle tickets I want (but likely will not win as I'm terribly unlucky) this trip is going to SERIOUSLY cost me! I'm so glad the chapter should make a good deal at this show. Lot of good items, LOT of good people ;)

Just wondering if anyone will be bringing any apple wood,ect to the show? I would really like to stock up if i can.
Vyxxin- Im with you on the broke thing. The raffles this year are amazing!

Mish not sure if this is allowed or not but can I volunteer Jessica to make her delightful brownies. I dont really like chocolate ( yes, I know im a weird one) but her brownies are to die for! :)

Does anyone that is going to this show have any fantastic females that they are willing to part with?

I am looking for very nice top quality standards or even something that would go well in an ebony line.

If you have anything, please PM me.

WOOOOO fudge! I forgot about chocolate fudge! Ash usually brings her peanut butter fudge, but I haven't heard her say if she's coming this year?

Just wanted to say how excited I am for this show! My boyfriend and I only have one chin (our 4 month old male, Bruce) but I stumbled across the show info, realized it was only a day trip away and he said "we're going." Lol. Can't wait to see everyone's chins and see what the show world is like. :)

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk

Back