2012 Atlantic Chapter Picnic

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishalaa

Irish Chinchilla
It's that time of year again! Time for our annual cookout! The date is set for Saturday, August 11th, starting around 11am or thereabouts.

With the Woods bound for sunnier shores, our location has moved. We will be holding the picnic at Meg's in Weatherly, PA. If you are interested in coming and are not on the chapter's email list, you can PM me and I'll get the exact address for you.

We'll have lunch of hot dogs and hamburgers and whatever potluck items are brought to share, and then have our chapter meeting. Since the Longeneckers have retired, we have a spot to fill on the board, and we'll also be discussing how the State College show went and ideas for next year's show. If you have any ideas for fundraisers like the calendar we did last year, please bring them along as well!

Please RSVP so we know how much meat to have on hand. Hope to see you there. =)

I'll be there briefly to come get my new girl...thanks again for the transport, Mish! I'll be bringing lots of fresh baked cookies for all to share :)

I haven't heard anything either..but as far as we know, it is still on :)

Mish?? We still good? If you have a rough total of RSVP..can you shoot me a text with that too :p

Yes, the picnic is still on, I was actually going to bump this up when I got home tonight, I'll post to the email list tonight though. We'll have a few big announcements to make. No one has officially RSVPed yet, so do so now if you're planning on coming!

my husband and I are planning on being there. Should probably list the address here also and mention they all chin lovers are invited

I do not want to post Megan's address publically. Anyone interested in coming should send a private message either to myself or to Megan for the address.

Bumping this up to remind everyone that this is happening THIS SATURDAY.

I am planning on making pasta salad and dessert. Maybe another side as well if I find time to go to the store again...

Hope everyone is having a great time at the picnic!!! I just didn't have it in me for 2 back to back weekend road trips. Can't wait to hear about it!

I thought it went well! It was a great get together... If we decide to hold it here again in the future, I'll know what needs to be done to be better prepared!

Mish was pretty photo happy so there may be a picture or two around :p

Everyone's food was awesome! Mish you need to post the recipe for the pistachio dessert you made! That was awesome.

I thought you were really well prepared! You did an awesome job as host and you have a very lovely place!

I'll post a few photos, and the pistachio salad is really very simple. It's one box of pistachio pudding mix - like Jell-o, 1 16oz can of crushed pineapple with juice (I could only find 20oz cans so I took a scoop out), 1 cup mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and a 9oz tub of cool whip. Mix the pudding with the pineapple, then stir in the rest and chill. =)

Photo 1: Had to share this photo of Bill with the rooster. ;)
Photo 2: Jason, Megan and Bill with cake made by Monika.
Photo 3: Megan and Jim, getting ready to serve themselve.
Photo 4: Atlantic Chapter group shot! Brandi (director), her son Luke, Monika (secretary), Jim (director), myself (president), Bill (treasurer), Megan (director), Barb (director), Jason and Barb's husband. Our vice president, Gloria, didn't make it but she's still part of the board too.

Attachments

• IMG_9495.jpg
    IMG_9495.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9507.jpg
    IMG_9507.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9508.jpg
    IMG_9508.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9522.jpg
    IMG_9522.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 16
We have that recipe except we use walnuts instead of pecans. We call it the green stuff and have it for thanksgiving every year. Yum!!!

Back