1 week olds are they healthy looking? :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

meaganlohan

my ebony female and TOV white mated and here we have a little tine boy and a much larger girl... is this normal? im mean he's healthy looking bouncing around and eating plenty im just a concerned momma teehee
http://www.photobucket.com/meaganlohan

Do you have weights on them? You should be monitoring the babies weights to make sure they're gaining. And knowing the weight would be easier for people to tell if they're healthy or not.

The pictures are pretty blurry, so I can't really tell much. As Allison said, monitor their weights. You like to see a 2 gm a day gain for the first little bit, then it should progress from there and go higher.

Of the three sets of kits I have had born in the last few months, they have gained steadily each day, but some are, of course, larger than others.

Of the kits born to Twink, one started gaining rapidly while the other one gained 2 to 3 grams a day.

With Samone's kits, one is constantly nursing while the other nurses less. I would be worried if they are losing or gaining less than 2 grams a day.

What happened to the baby's nose?

Chloes nose? Alee attacked her i and the vet only noticed the one wound on her neck then i noticed her nose look swollen and it was terrible infected so they took off all the whiskers fur everything until it was back to tissue instead of infection. and the babies are growing nicely 87 gram female 75 grams male

she attacked her at playtime... it was bad they are housed in different homes :p

Back