Washington State ECBC Sanctioned Show 2014

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those making the journey to the show (some of you 19 hours!), safe travels and looking forward to seeing you. Willingness to drive that far to support the show and show off your chinchillas demonstrates your dedication to chinchillas!

See you after 6pm on Friday!

Sorry, you won't avoid the rain, but snow I highly doubt and there is none in the NOAA Weather forecast for your route. You'll be fine!

Due to a pretty bad UTI that has crept up in the past couple days. I don't think we'll be able to stay for the show :(

We still plan on driving up, so hopefully we can still meet people. :) Guess I should of typed "stay for the whole show." :)

Just might have to keep excusing ourselves during the show, or show up for the second half... We'll work out something!

Oh, I see. Great to hear. It will be worthwhile and you'll learn a lot! Don't worry about coming and going. People leave and come back whenever they want. Plus, you have to stay for the silent auctions and raffles! They're half the fun! 😃 if you can only make half the show, the mutations should start around 1:00pm or so.

Oh dear lord... it feels like we are never gonna be there! Due to a road closure we had to take a detour.... 12 hour drive is turning into a 19 hour drive..... boy I can't wait to get there!

Oooh...I might get three hours of sleep if I am lucky! So much to do during showtime! The excitement doesn't help either. Thanks to everyone for helping set up. See you all in the morning!

Girl that was gonna come with us couldn't now, so we brought a friend and her son. But had to leave our chins home to do so. Not sure if they will come with us or stay at the motel..

Next time we'll do more research on hotels... Took 2 hours to be able to get into our room, and then they didn't bother to tell us where it was... Would of went somewhere else, but didn't know where else we'd all get into 1 room and with 2 small dogs to boot!

We won't make it until 1 or 2 probably :(...

Got back late last night. We headed back Saturday night after the show. We only went about 3 hours. Yesterday was a hard drive back. On the way up we hit alot of rain. Yesterday no rain so it made the drive alot easier. Saw Sumiko & Sarah (4-H member from Sumiko's group) at Quality Cage Friday afternoon.

Ryan - did a great job putting the show on.

Everyone pitched in to setup and clean. I help Sumiko at the table. I did the ribbons so I hope everyone got them. New to this job.

I met NOFs for the 1st time they came late. She picked up some supplies from me. It is always nice to put names with faces. Met Narcissus (Sp?) again. She was at the CA State show earlier this year but I didn't remember seeing her.

Show Results

Here are the show results. I will post more and add some pictures as soon as I can! It was a great show!

Standard Show (68 Entries)
Class 1
CC - Dark Star
RCC - Dark Star

Class 2
CC - Dark Star
RCC - Dark Star

Class 3
CC - Chinchilla Chateau
RCC - Dark Star

Class 4
CC - Dark Star
RCC - Dark Star

Class 5
CC - Dark Star
RCC - Chinchilla Chateau

Class 6
CC - Dark Star
RCC - Chinchilla Chateau

GRAND SHOW CHAMPION STANDARD- DARK STAR
RESERVE GRAND SHOW CHAMPION STANDARD - DARK STAR

Mutation Class (66 Entries)
White Class
CC - Dark Star
RCC - Cascade Chinchillas

Sapphire Class
CC - None
RCC - None

Violet Class
CC - None
RCC - None

Beige Class
CC - Chinchilla Chateau
RCC - Dark Star

Ebony Class
CC - Chinn's Chilla Ranch
RCC - Chinn's Chilla Ranch

Black Velvet Class
CC - Dark Star
RCC - Dark Star

GRAND SHOW CHAMPION MUTATION - CHINN'S CHILLA RANCH (EBONY)
RESERVE GRAND SHOW CHAMPION MUTATION - CHINCHILLA CHATEAU (BEIGE)

Congratulations to all the winners!

I had to go out to the car with our friends son so didn't get a chance to meet hardly anyone, from his ADHD it would of been hard for him to stay after the show for very long. Sounded like my other half found a person that she recognized or somewhat knew though.

And thank you to Sumiko for being helpful with our friend with explaining terms. And I love the chins.

Sorry for being later than planned. We were getting ready to go to the show and all decided to go ahead and switch hotels because the first was so awful (literally nothing worked except for the lights, beds were horrible, and some metal was sticking out from the cruddy makeshift bedframe.

We'll make it to another show, we'll know where to stay now :).

We were hoping to meet up with Ryan, but weren't able to. Look forward to meeting him at another show we both attend.

~The Nofs
(Both of us)

I'm Ryan and I was there! I apologize, you arrived later in the show and I was very busy by the time you arrived.

Last edited:
No worries Ryan :).. That's why we didn't distract you, we look forward to meeting you in the future :D.

Congrats to all the winners and the WA ECBC branch on their first sanctioned show! Although the drive was long, I had a great time. I'm so happy to have won Reserve Grand Show with one of my beiges and my first trophy from a sanctioned show. I also won some awesome door prizes including a scarf knitted from yarn spun with chinchilla fur and wool... love it! It was good to see everyone and I hope to see you all in California next month! ;-)

Back