Wedding dress fiasco... continued.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtney

... and the Dynamic Duo!
Yes, it is still ongoing. For those that are new and have no idea what I’m talking about, here’s a quick rundown.

July 19, 2008 – I ordered my dress and was given an approximate arrival date of October 2008.

November 2008 – I call the store to check on things, because I haven’t heard from them yet. The dress isn’t in yet, and the new arrival date is December 18, 2008. They promise to call.

December 19, 2008 – I call to check again and find out that the dress is in Toronto, waiting to be “released”. The lady I spoke to (Halina) promises to call right away and release it so it ships out the next business day and should arrive on December 29.

December 29, 2008 – Still no dress. I call the store to find that it wasn’t really shipped, but they will definitely call and have it shipped on the 30th. They promise it will arrive on January 7, 2009.

January 7, 2009 – The dress still hasn’t been shipped. I speak to Halina again and voice my concerns. She promises that it will FOR SURE ship that day or the next, and arrive no later than January 14.

January 16, 2009 – I call and find that the dress has been sitting at Fedex since the 14th, waiting to be picked up. Halina promises to go right that instant and pick it up so I can pick it up the next day.

January 17, 2009 – My mother and I go to pick up the dress, only to find that Halina never went to get it and it’s still at Fedex. We make a big scene, and Halina attempts to diffuse the situation by promising to get it on January 20 (Tuesday). We accept this, and tell her that we will be back at 4pm that day to get it.

January 20, 2009 – I call the store at 11am to remind them and give them the best possible chance to fix this problem. Turns out, Halina had taken the day off and the new owner (who is a gem) is left to deal with me. She calls Halina and tells her to pick up the dress and deliver it to the store. Halina calls me back 2 hours later to tell me that she has the dress in her car, and is on her way to the store.

At 4pm, my mother and I arrive at the store. Halina is nowhere to be found, and Francis (the new owner) is left to deal with us. Turns out, Halina lied and the dress wasn’t really in her car. Francis tells me that she never even brought the box back to the store.

At this point, I’m completely frustrated and my mom just loses it. I’m in tears and I lose my temper on poor Francis, so my mom tells me to leave the store and asks Francis to call Halina. Long story short, mom calls Halina and gets some sob story about how she did everything she could and we have to believe her when she says she’s done all she can. Mom replies, “Do you know what your word is worth to me right now? My daughter has just left your store in tears because of your lies, and the GUM on the bottom of my shoe is worth more to me than your word. I hope you like the media.”

I sit outside for a bit longer to cool down, and then go back inside. Mom has had a chat with Francis and they’ve reached an agreement. Francis called the designer and found the dress hadn’t shipped at all, and gave mom all the information. Mom would call the designer the following day to ensure the dress was shipped to our house, and any shipping charges incurred would be billed to Halina. After thinking for a bit, Francis asked that we allow the dress to be shipped to the store and that she would deal with this from now on. In addition, the remaining $460 payment for the dress would be waived and coming out of Halina’s account.

I left that store feeling slightly more confident because Francis was such a complete help. I felt much more confident leaving the matter in the hands of her and my mother.

January 28, 2009 – At about 4:30, I received a call from Francis to tell me that she was holding my dress in her hands and I could pick it up anytime. We’re going today to pick it up. Now my biggest worry is that the ordered the wrong size or style. I guess if that’s the case, I just hope it’s a nicer dress than the one I actually picked out! Heh.

I have to say, I won't know what to do with myself once this problem is straightened out and I have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, I would have never agreed to wear a wedding dress if I knew what kind of job it would be to actually get it here. On the plus side, 50% off dress! Woo! That's a better deal than the ones at the Bridal Fantasy show I went to last weekend. LOL.

Oh Courtney! What a mess! I'm so glad, though, that you ordered this so early. Can you imagine the panic if it were closer to your wedding date???

It sounds like the new owner is wonderful, and a problem solver. Yay for a discounted dress!

Wow - What a monstrous mess. I'm glad you got your dress now though. :)

Since I can't refer back, when is the wedding?

OMG what a horrible experience for you! I am so sorry. But, can't wait to see pictures! I am still so happy I eloped and didn't have to deal with all of the wedding stress!

The wedding is on September 5, 2009, so I've got lots of time. I keep telling people that I don't trust anyone enough to ruin my day, so I'm getting everything done early.

To date, though, we have all the major stuff done and paid for. Including some slightly inflated costs (I over-budget), this entire wedding has cost $5,400.00. That includes two venues, catering, DJ, photographer, bar, dress, cake, guestbook and decorations.

Wow, sounds like you had a rough time! I'm glad you finally got it all sorted out though.

Makes me glad we're just doing the courthouse thing for now.. The big wedding/renew our vows to stress over comes later.. when we actually have the money for it.. lol!

I am so glad the dress FINALLY arrived. I think that lady should be FIRED!!!

So do I, but whatever. I have nothing but good things to say about the new owner though. She's a complete gem and was completely apologetic about everything. That's one thing the old owner never did - no matter what, it was never her fault and she never apologized.

Holy crap that is an awful frustration! This is why I am so hesitant to do the whole wedding thing, I just don't want to deal with the potential for everything to go terribly wrong.

I HAVE IT! It's beautiful and my mom cried. No pictures though... I'm being extra careful and not uploading anything to my computer about the dress.

As an added bonus, the dress fits like a glove. When I ordered it, the salesperson said I'd have to get it taken out because "I was a horrible shape for dresses". My bust is small, my thighs are muscular and my waist is fairly tiny. At the time, my measurements were 34-28-36.5. The nearest size they could order was a 36-26-37.5. Today, we found that the dress has to be taken in quite a bit in all regards since I shrank somehow. It needs to be taken in about 2 inches in the bust, 2 inches in the waist and about an inch in the hips.

I'm so happy!

Wow. I'm so glad I didn't have to order my dress. I would have told them they could give me my money back and gone somewhere else before going that long. I'm like you, I plan early. Our wedding is June 20, 2009 and most stuff is done. Just gotta get the guys' tuxes but we have to wait for Chris's brother to come in from Hawaii.

Glad to see you finally got it, Courtney! Can you PM me a pic to the manufacturer's site of the dress? Or would even that be to risky? Lol

What a mess Courtney, but I"m glad that you finally have it! :)

If it's the same dress you had pm'd me before, its beautiful!

WOW! what a mess! but I am so glad everything worked out well! I wouldn't alter the dress yet, as you still have 8 months to go. This is why i am glad I'm having an Indian wedding. I get to wear a sari, and it fits me, I dont fit it! heehee

I'm not even worrying about alterations until about 4 months before. I've been the same size for a couple years, so I'm not too worried... but I know the minute I HAVE to stay a certain size... I'll either grow or shrink.

Back