Zombie Apocalyps

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkedupTara

Do the chinny shuffle!
My question is this.....

Would you, in the even of a zombie take over want to live or would you want to "check out" and why?

This is just a for fun question, I hope no one takes it to heart and gets flustered over any post :D

I am obsessed with The Walking Dead show and any zombie movies and I cant decide where I sit on the stand and fight, or not, so lets her yours:nod:

My boys are awesome zombie killers so I would feel safe in the zombie world. I guess in the back of your mind you would hope they would someday all get wiped out and life would get back to "normal" once again.

And we are obsessed with the show as well and can't wait for the new season to begin!

October 14th, 9 pm EST lol!! I watched a 4 minute trailer today and it looks amazing. I am currently reading the comics :D

love the show!!
honestly i think my husband and i would fight on as long as we can.
but if it came to that time and we're surrounded by zombies.
and not enough ammo left, i believe we'd check out.
i'd rather check out then turn into one of them.

lol as silly as it sounds . my man and i actualy came up with a serious zombie plan years ago when we were bored one day.
we would stick it out.
lol we are actualy are well armed. we have a very lovely selection of non decorative swords. (the ones you could actually kill people with and not break/dull it) ranging from medieval weapons to katanas and we we both have extensive knowledge of survival techniques/suplies/skills.

our plan would involve a slow migration north to his family cabin near international falls. the nearest town has like a population of 20. and thats 30 miles away from the cabin.

the cabin is near a lake with lots of wild life and fish. also would be a good place to farm. plenty of wood to build a blockade/big fence for protection. heck since the lack is rather small we could probably fence most of the area around the lake.

though our zombie plan is is muti purpose. if there was a general breakdown of society or a plauge or destruction of most areas it would work as well. assuming we arent caught in the wave of destruction.

also if i was bitten i would make myself into a tank of a zombie. i would done neckgaurds/helmets/armor before i died. lol i think that would be interesting. naw id probably shot myself

Pssh, I have a zombie survival plan all figured out. We live in a fourplex so solid walls on two sides, and in the found the closest windows to the ground are 3 floors up. In the back we have a solid wooden fence and again, high windows so the only weak point would be the sliding glass door we need to board up. We have enough food supply to last a while so we could at least wait it out a bit.

The only time we would be in trouble is if the zombies are smarter then movie ones.

Have you watched the show about dooms day people and they think they are ready and stocked and the experts poke holes in all of it? Pretty scary to think you're well prepared and learn you're not :/

I think I'm with LoveBug on this one.

But it may come down to what actually happens when you turn into a zombie. Like if you are really dead and it's just some virus that's animating your lifeless body until it completely falls apart... well... then, I'd be dead and not feeling any pain (mental or physical) whether it's due to suicide or zombie-ism. So no need to check out early... fight it right up to the point of infection/conversion. But if part of me is still alive and feeling what's going on while I'm out and about eating brains and such, I don't think I'm up for that. Am wondering if it would feel a lot like when the cybermen started realizing who they were and that they're now trapped in metal bodies and couldn't cope psychologically... Definitely not cool.

And then, of course, I have to think about the other people out there that aren't zombies yet. If I turn into a zombie, it's likely that I'll be out there turning others into zombies. And that doesn't strike me as the right thing to do either. Definitely falls into the "poor form" category.

I would gather up our weapons, and head to my brother in laws house. He might as well open his own "cabelas" store. Zombies wouldn't stand a chance with him around.

Here's my plan for the zombie apocalypse:

First, I'm going to get bitten by and turned into a vampire.
Then, I'll be abducted by aliens.
I will suck the blood of said aliens and steal their spaceship.
I will return to Earth in my tricked out starship and zap all the zombies.

Problem solved.

There's even this event where you can "train" for a Zombie Apocolypse. Its a 5K run called "Run for Your Lives." Where during the run you have 3 flags tied around your waist. The objective is to finish all the obstacles/race with at least 1 flag in order to not become "infected." It looks really really cool! I'm running the Baltimore race in October.

This video is a POV of one of the races to give you an idea of what it is all about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0OdXkmwI0M

Last edited:
Lol, great question! This reminds me of Y2k when I was in high school. I had two teachers talking about stocking up on supplies and having shelter in the middle of nowhere. And defending themselves with guns. One of my teachers was convinced the world was going to fall into chaos. I thought he was a bit loopy.

I would try to stay alive in a zombie apocalypse. Chase off the intruders with up...a baseball bat? No guns here! Maybe I could have my dog's turned into zombies and they could defend me. Although would an animal zombie still want brains? Or animal brains? Zombie chins!

Back