Your FAVOURITE book EVER?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always loved to read The Diary of Anne Frank. I love historical non-fiction. I think that's the only book I've read more than once. iIve read it probably 10 times.

My favorite book is kind of "fluffy" fantasy, but so much fun... Sorcery and Cecelia by Patricia C Wrede and Caroline Stevermer. I like a lot of Wrede's other books as well (harder to find Stevermer's, so only read one other, which I did like). Most of the other books listed in this thread that I've read, I liked :)

For vampire books - Tanya Huff's "Blood" series is very good, and quite amusing. I also like her "Keeper" books (not vampires).

There are so many books out there that I have never read... because I so rarely venture out of my happy little brain-candy scifi/fantasy section -.-; But a lot of those books that I have read out of that section have been very good - I only read what several people tell me to :p I need to branch out more.

I dont have one overall fave...but several....

The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas
Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
Great Expectations- Charles Dickens
The Woman in White- Wilkie Collins

Im a classics girl, but I also love sci-fi and fantasy too. I like the Farseer trilogy from Robin Hobb,
Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, anything by HG Wells or John Wyndham
and another that stood out for me was The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russell

Macy I address you with all the seriousness in the world when I say that you really must read Paper Towns by John Green. It is funny, witty, and deeply moving. This book changed my way of viewing everyone around me. Especially as a teenager, you do not want to miss this book.

I also suggest Looking for Alaska by the same author. Personally, Paper Towns had a greater impact on me, but Looking for Alaska tends to be other people's favorites.

I dont have one overall fave...but several....

The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas
Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
Great Expectations- Charles Dickens
The Woman in White- Wilkie Collins

Im a classics girl, but I also love sci-fi and fantasy too. I like the Farseer trilogy from Robin Hobb,
Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, anything by HG Wells or John Wyndham
and another that stood out for me was The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russell

Seriously? I've never met anyone else who likes that book! It is one of my top five for sure. Estella is one of my favorite characters ever.

Truly, Great Expectations is one of my favorite books, too. I have read it many times.

I also like Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.

And I also love the book A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.

Has anyone ever read Bartelby, The Scrivner by Hermann Melville?

The Yearling by Marjorie Rawlings. A real tear jerker.

Sophie's Heart, by Lori Wick.

I can't count how many times I have read it, and I cry and laugh at the same parts, every time. :D

Adding to my list!
All things Christie Craig!
Divorced, Desperate and Delicious
Divorced, Desperate and Dating
Weddings Can Be Murder
and the very recent Gothcha!

Christie is hysterical! Her heros are the right amount of alpha, most of them are cops bu not jerk cops. Her heroines are quirky and unforgettable.

She has made me laugh and smile and forget the troubles in my very troubled world right now.

Seriously? I've never met anyone else who likes that book! It is one of my top five for sure. Estella is one of my favorite characters ever.

Yeah I love this book! Always have since I first read it at 13. The characters range from absurd to horrifying....it really is a book of extremes, where Pip seems to be the only one capable of the full spectrum of human emotion. Estella is a great character, I always think of her as tragedy personified, as she can never have what she needs, and is in fact in incapable of even knowing what she wants.

I've only read maybe six of Dicken's novels, and this one far surpassed the others. One day I'll read them all!

I loved Watership Down when I was younger and all the Hobbit/lord of the rings books. As far as pre-young teen books (from way back when) that left impressions on me were. The Outsiders, Rumble Fish, Are you there God it's me Margaret, Blubber, and Story of a Teenage Runaway.

I also like Linda Howard.. she gives a good SEXY but interesting story. I just read "Now you see her" and let me tell you it was HOT... Her books may be a bit too HOT for a young teen girl.

Nora Roberts gives a good love story but her writing is so simular from book to book that you feel like you are reading the same book if you read too many of hers close togeter.

I LOVE a good scary book such as IT, The Stand, and the Gun Slinger books by Stephen King.

I read probably about 2 to 3 books per week so there are just toooo many to list that I have enjoyed over the years.

"Watership Down" is still my favorite but I love to dabble in everything. This list is great so far, now I have my whole summer cut out for me!

If you are looking for something LIKE twilight that you can jump into I recommend SMI (The Mortal Instruments Series). Though I never finished the last book (still have 30 pages) I was able to guess the ending. Of course the True Blood series... SO much better then the "HBO version."

My ALL TIME FAVORITE: Julie Garwood- anything she wrote about in the romance section
And
Tami Hoag- Lucky's Lady

Hey, I am getting back into reading and just dont know what to get after Stephenie Meyers Twilight series.

I am going to get The Host - By Stephenie Meyer anyway. And then was told on here, in chat that Gregory Maguire's Wicked books are good so might get those. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Whats you favourite ALL-time book you've read? What genre?

Thanks.

:hug2:

My all time favorite book is "Galileo's Daughter." I'm blanking on the author right now. I also loved all of Gregory Maguire's books.

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle.

I also like the Meg series and The Loch from Steve Alten. Raptor Red from Robert T Bakker. Jungle Book from Rudyard Kipling. Harry Potter series from JK Rowling.

Watership Down (Y.A. fantasy)
Ender's Game (though I didn't enjoy the rest of the series so much) by Orson Scott Card. (Sci Fi/Fantasy)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Silmarillion by J.r.r. Tolkien (Fantasy)
Comanche Moon by Larry McMurtry (Historical Fiction set in the 19th century American south west/Texas-Mexico border.)
Birds of Prey by Wilbur Smith. (Historical fiction set in 16th or 17th century Africa during the English and Dutch colonization, but expanded into a whole series about European whites in Africa. Awesome, amazing, detailed, sometimes graphic series.)
Mistress of the Art of Death by Arianna Franklin. (Historical fiction set in 16th or 17th century Europe in which a female Italian physician is called to England to help sort out the grizzly murders of some village children.)
The Orphan's Tales: In the Night Garden by Kathrynne Valente. (Fantasy with a pseudo-eastern feel.)
and finally,
The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. (Contemporary fiction about a young woman who moves to the American South West and ends up taking care of an abused little girl on the way.)

Watership Down (Y.A. fantasy)
Ender's Game (though I didn't enjoy the rest of the series so much) by Orson

Both of those books are very high on my list of favorites. I can't choose an ultimate winner, but I liked the Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter also.

Back