YOUR Brand?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feed Mazuri and have for a good 15 years. I now mix with Purina show rabbit for the cost and find my chins do VERY well with the mixture. The problem with Purina Show rabbit is you can only get it in 50 lb bags - way too much for someone who has 1-2 chins. With the mixture not only are my chins getting 'the best of 2 worlds' but when I sell to pet people they have no problems feeding just Mazuri which can be gotten in much smaller amounts Been doing this for about 5 years

We feed PRCS exclusively and have been for over 10 years. My chins do great on it. We recently had a problem because the local feed store ran out so we bought some Nutrena Naturewise Rabbit Pellets which are supposed to be a good brand. We found a lot of corn in it even thought the ingredients did not list corn at all. We also found a lot of foreign matter in the bag. I have another thread about the issue if anyone is interested and has any comments. I just wanted to let new people know to watch out.

Back