You Know You're A Chinchilla Owner When...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You refer to the dust covering your coffee table as "protective coating", and insist the dust keeps all forms of insects and pests away.
You start calling the dust on your walls,furniture,floor as "diatomaceous earth that is actually helpful in repelling insects and fleas so please do not remove all my layers of protective dust"! Secret here is you've only ever used Blue Cloud and chins are in a different room you just hate to dust!
Haha! It seems wherever my chins go they leave a tornado of dust in their wake! The stuff literally gets everywhere. I use blue sparkle dust and after a dust bath the whole room is covered in dust and little sparkles :laughitup:

That is why all dusting is done in the bathroom. Then we sweep up the inch thick layer that covers everything. Just don't look behind the toilet.

Last time I went on vacation was 4 years ago and I spent 5 hours typing instructions for each cage/animal, taping it to the cage and labeling every container holding anything having to do with animals.

Last time I went on vacation was 4 years ago and I spent 5 hours typing instructions for each cage/animal, taping it to the cage and labeling every container holding anything having to do with animals.

:clap1:

yay! im not alone in my desire! lol

When someone calls and you don't answer, next time you talk to them they just assume you were in the chin room- and are usually right.

~When you've just ordered a new toy/treat for your Chinchilla and then check the order 5 seconds after ordering it to see if it's shipped yet! Then check it again 8 minutes later... and every day after that...

~When you spend an hour and a half getting Just the Right Picture of your Chinchilla and then another hour trying to make it PERFECT to print out. Once that's complete, you then keep the picture with you and even display it at your occupation to see how many people can guess what it is. ^^

~When you're trying to type on Chins N' Hedgies and your little ball of fluff runs across your keyboard to type in something random and you Keep it in your Post!

~When you find yourself on your hands and knees on the floor for an hour with your bum in the air just to get eye-to-nose with your Chinchilla!

~When you go to bed a night and it Breaks your heart when the last thing you see is your little sweetheart with his/her little paws up against the cage door wanting back out...

~When you're so obsessed with Chinchillas that you spend almost all your free time looking up everything and anything Chinchilla-related.

~When you're super upset that you can't find a "Chinchilla Crossing" sign on Amazon, but you can find a "Unicorn Crossing" sign???

~When you find yourself sitting on the floor more often than in your comfy chair just to let your Chinchilla climb all over you!

~When you let your sweetie run around a room and you FREAK OUT when you don't see him/her for 3 seconds.

~When you're constantly keeping an ear out for any little chewing noises to make sure your furry friend isn't chewing/eating something he/she isn't supposed to.

~When you think your Chinchilla has something in his/her mouth that he/she shouldn't and you're gently trying to see what is it... and he/she accidentally bites you. Only to find out that nothing was in his/her mouth and you feel more sorry for your Chinchilla rather than your bleeding finger..

~~That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure there are more in there... and I must add that all these statements are from my own experience with my sweet little Chester that I've only had for a week now!

~When you've just ordered a new toy/treat for your Chinchilla and then check the order 5 seconds after ordering it to see if it's shipped yet! Then check it again 8 minutes later... and every day after that...
YES! That is so true! Whenever I order any chinchilla supplies I am constantly checking the package tracking to see how long it will be until it arrives!:laughitup:

I have come to realise my chinchillas cost more than my horse does, which in theory shouldn't even be possible.

You can ID various woods by shape and bark type/color
You know exactly which chinchilla likes each one

I dumped all the wood we had in a community box, grab a handful at night, and walk around going "here's a good pecan piece for you and how about some kiwi wood for you. Josh throw Hachiro this large apple chunk so she stops rattling the clips on the door out of boredom."

1. When your toddler's first three syllable word is "chinchilla"

2. When the only time your kitchen scale is used is for weighing your critters

3. When you're sprayed with pee, and your only reaction is to praise your chin's incredible aim

I dumped all the wood we had in a community box, grab a handful at night, and walk around going "here's a good pecan piece for you and how about some kiwi wood for you. Josh throw Hachiro this large apple chunk so she stops rattling the clips on the door out of boredom."
Haha! So true! I've learned that my chins love apple wood and octillo wood.

3. When you're sprayed with pee, and your only reaction is to praise your chin's incredible aim
lol! :rofl: Thankfully I've never been sprayed before!

1. When you've considered getting a separate credit card just for chinchilla purchases.

2. Before bed you triple check the cage doors to make sure they are securely closed

3. When all your friends are saving up money for the newest iPhone and you, on the other hand, are saving up money for a new exercise wheel

Oh I just thought of some!!

-you own/sleep with a giant stuffed chinchilla
-you have chinchilla magnets
-you have chinchilla wine glass charms
-when you get some unexpected money, you think of different things you can buy for your chin with that money

Here's one more that my father actually told me based on what he saw at my house:
("You know when you've entered the house of a Chinchilla Owner when you see towels stuffed in every crevice and all cords are up off the floor!")

~When your Spouse is talking to you and all you hear are the sounds of your Chinchilla!
~OR~
~When your Spouse is talking to you and all you can think of is "Chinchilla, Chinchilla, Chinchilla, Chinchilla...."
*Note: I don't do either of these two, but I'm sure someone out there might. ^^

~When you're trying to type on Chins N' Hedgies and your little ball of fluff runs across your keyboard to type in something random and you Keep it in your Post!

this one is pretty funny! xD i have done this! (i don't think i've done it on this site, but i know i have in an online game :p)

here are a couple more:
-when all the fleece blankets that you originally bought for yourself end up being theirs by the time you get them home.
-when as soon as you're done doing major cleaning (like Spring cleaning, end-of-holiday cleaning- that sort of thing), the first thing you wanna do is let your chins out on your sparkly-looks-like-brand-new clean carpet/floor/room.

When you are buying your 3rd keyboard in just as many months because the chinchillas keep peeing on them while watching you type.

and this one is for an online gamer's point of view:
-when before you had your chin, you wouldn't let anything interrupt you in the middle of a boss battle with friends because the stakes in-game were so high, but now you'll abandon your friends in the middle of a three-hour plus boss battle to check on your chin if you heard him/her crying and think something's wrong.... only to find out it was just them jumping around and playfully barking. nothing serious. "sorry i left you guys in the middle of the boss two hours in and died/lost, i thought my chin was in trouble." oh well. xD lol
(this.. actually happened to me a few times to the point where i wasn't invited to do bosses anymore. hahaha. :p)

-when before you had your chin, you wouldn't let anything interrupt you in the middle of a boss battle with friends because the stakes in-game were so high, but now you'll abandon your friends in the middle of a three-hour plus boss battle to check on your chin if you heard him/her crying and think something's wrong.... only to find out it was just them jumping around and playfully barking. nothing serious. "sorry i left you guys in the middle of the boss two hours in and died/lost, i thought my chin was in trouble." oh well. xD lol
(this.. actually happened to me a few times to the point where i wasn't invited to do bosses anymore. hahaha. :p)

Lol, YES! Happens to me a Lot when I'm on my PS3 or Computer. Luckily, all my gaming activities are in the living room with my little Chinchilla, so I can keep one eye on him and the other on my game. If my Fiancé and I are both playing on our PS3s and I'm in the other room, I'll constantly ask my sweetheart how the Chinchilla is faring!

Oh that is so true...

Made even worse for me because i was on a game (ffxi) when my dads alarm went off and he didnt get up. Since i was in a timed event i rly didnt want to get up and leave. After a minute or two i got up and went to check and found him dead. Granted he had been liek that for many many hours as it turned out, but i still feel guilty as **** about it. As much love as i have for that game and that series... it is not worth that'

Back