You Know You Own/Are owned by Chinchillas When...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-When you hook up their wheels to charge their radio... (They find it really entertaining.)

-When you stop caring that they are grooming off your bangs...

-When your standing in the check out line and decide you don't want that candy bar when you could use that dollar on more pumice, and then tell your friends and the cashier this.

-When instead of drunk dialing you drunkenly shop online for your chinchillas. (drunk dialing would be sooooo much cheaper.)

- When you decide not to go to San Francisco to see your significant other for two weeks and get another chinchilla instead. (He totally felt the love)

When you say "Don't eat that!" more than 32 times per day.

When they richochet off your face and claw your nose and all you can do is laugh.

When your coworker asks you "Why are you covered in sparkly dust?" You reply...."I have a pixie problem." LMAO :)

You know you're owned by chinchillas when:

1. Every wood surface has been christened by fur-mites
2. The first place you spend your paycheck is at the pet-supply store, anything left over goes towards human groceries
3. The pitter-patter of little paws over your face and shoulders melts your heart
4. You have no human children, but still occasionally refer to yourself and your boyfriend as "Mom and Dad"

4. You have no human children, but still occasionally refer to yourself and your boyfriend as "Mom and Dad"

I do this all time.

1. You find yourself zoning out at working thinking about your baby. I can waste an entire day at the office thinking about Shelly's playtime and cleaning poop from her cage.

2. You are eating dinner, notice poop on the dining table, and continue to eat. The bf is grossed out, but it does not faze me.

You know you are owned by a chin when ...

1. You find yourself in an argument and the other "person" is speaking gibberish and is maybe 6" tall.

You know you are owned by a chinchilla when: You spend more time on Chins-n-Hedgies then you do on your own school work, just to see if there are any new ideas you can use for your chin! ( cage, food, toys, etc )

When you do not mind that Zoe gets up every morning at 3:30 because as long as she is happy, you are happy! And you can always nap later, right?

When you get excited and do your chin dance when they pee and poop on you, because it means they are getting well! :dance3:

Last edited:
-You pick chin poo out of the carpet when you get bored and wonder why your non-chin-owning friends think it's so gross
I take that back, my friends "own" chins, they just live at my house ^_^

Haha, I tell my friends all the time "They basically eat hay with some roses and oats thrown in, how bad can thier poop be?"

Lol.

But I know I am owned by chins when I spent the money that I saved for myself (Clothes, new home furniture, ect) on a new cage and accesories. My boyfriend was dumbfounded.

When you go out of town to visit your sister and her family and make them listen to "The Sounds Chinchillas Make" which has been downloaded to your laptop --- Oh the look of horror on their faces, lol. I love listening to those sounds but then I start to miss my boys even more.

when you smell fresh timmy hay and think "mmmmm"

because you live vicariously through your chins

when you find out you are getting a tax RETURN and the first thing that pops in your mind is "what can i buy the chins!!"

...you get offended by the description "rat-face" or "bison-face"...

When you make sure you have to be home at a certain time or set aside your busy schedule because seeing the chinchillas chewing at the cage bar demanding their playtime breaks your heart.

Back