XXXL size washers for ledges, etc.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aneesa's Muse

Does anyone use the really, really big washers for wider spaced bars? The Mansion has 1 1/2" spaces and I'm finding it a little difficult to keep the ledges and perches/branches secure enough for these hefty chicas.. Palay and Obsidian :)

Anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you remedy it?

I bought one of those big "lava" bird perch thingies and it has a plastic disc type contraption on the end of it ..about 3" diameter.. so it stays very secure; but I'm sure the girls would like their ledges to be secure and give their little feet a break from "holding on" so much.

I buy my washers at the hardware store. They had tons of sizes. I'm not sure how big the ones I have are but I can take a look when I get home.

yea you can find all different sizes at any home improvement store. If you're not sure you can bring the measurements and ask someone there...they were really helpful when I was setting up my cage!!!:heart3:

Yes, I use the large washers on my cage. They are in the drawers at Home Depots around here at least. They have really huge ones, I think they are called Fender washers :).

Yup I think they are Fender washers, they are like 15 cents each. I use 1.5" - 2" ones from Home Depot.

the largest size home depot carries that I've seen (at least at the ones around me) are 5/16 x 1 1/2" so the hole inside is 5/16 and the diameter is 1 1/2" And they are called fender washers :) they sell them in the drawers at home depot separately or you can get a box of 100 for about $20...a little over priced IMO, but I order them by the 1000 cause we use them so much, but if you only need a few....that's the way to go :)

You also might try a Auto Body Shop Paint and Supply store - they're also called fender washers, but larger, thinner and cheaper, probably with smaller holes in the center, and quite a variety!

the largest size home depot carries that I've seen (at least at the ones around me) are 5/16 x 1 1/2" so the hole inside is 5/16 and the diameter is 1 1/2" And they are called fender washers :) they sell them in the drawers at home depot separately or you can get a box of 100 for about $20...a little over priced IMO, but I order them by the 1000 cause we use them so much, but if you only need a few....that's the way to go :)

Ace hardware seems to have cheaper prices than Lowes & Home Depot when it comes to ledge hardware.

Back