X3 and X4

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the father is impressive! God you really can't get half as many good colours over here as you can there. I'm lucky enough to be getting a pink white after that its mainly standards. Please update with pics would love to see them

Mom, where are my eyes?
DSC_0066-1.jpg

Lets play LeapChin!
DSC_0070-2.jpg

Last edited:
Aw, those babies are beautiful! I love the head shape especially its cute nose on the mosaic. :))

ETA: great pictures!

Tiff, that offer still stands for the mosaic boy! And... Keith and I may be moving to NC, so if he goes missing.... *whistles innocently*

Haha.. we'll just have to see. I might want to keep him - he's too darn cute. I'm putting him in the baby derby at the Southern ECBC show in January. I think he may just take the audience ;-)

And get your butt on down here to NC!

Haha well we gotta wait for the house to be vacated first! But then we'll prob most def be down as long as his grandfather doesn't change his mind!

And Keith wants him too, so... If Keith's OKing another chinchilla, well.. WE might just have to chin nap that baby!

It's where chinchillas older than 10 weeks and younger than 4 months are put on a table and the audience picks the "cutest" chinchilla. It's a beauty contest pretty much - not a "quality" contest. I've seen it done two different ways - either each paying person is given a ticket to put in a jar in front of the chinchilla they like the best and the one with the most tickets wins, or money is dropped into jars for the favorite chinchilla and the one with the most money in the jar wins. I'm sure there are other methods, but these are just the two I've personally seen.

Thanks for the explanation.

It's where chinchillas older than 10 weeks and younger than 4 months are put on a table and the audience picks the "cutest" chinchilla. It's a beauty contest pretty much - not a "quality" contest. I've seen it done two different ways - either each paying person is given a ticket to put in a jar in front of the chinchilla they like the best and the one with the most tickets wins, or money is dropped into jars for the favorite chinchilla and the one with the most money in the jar wins. I'm sure there are other methods, but these are just the two I've personally seen.

So a person pays to vote in the derby -- kind of like buying raffle tickets. Does the money paid for entry go to the winner or does the money go to the sponsoring club and a rosette or other award go to the winning kit?

Linda

The money goes to the chapter or branch. Most people just put a quarter in the jar for their entry. You don't have to vote in the baby derby, but it's just for fun. Usually there is a trophy for the baby derby winner.

Back