Work rant.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvoryBolt

Oh my gosh. Why I ever decided to do Customer Service is beyond me. It seems like no matter what I do, how I say something, I ALWAYS have customers upset with me. For instance:

Just had a guy come in with his daughter. He kept rambling on a mile a minute, Chomping and slurping his gum, and I misunderstood him (a few times, I'll be honest), about self installing internet (which my company has never done). When I got to the end, and asked what day we could come out, he got SUPER angry, and was like "I thought I JUST asked you about us picking up a modem and hooking it up?". Oops. I said I was sorry for the misunderstanding, but that we had never done self installs. "well, we did it last year!"...are you sure it was our company? "Yes! Why are you getting snippy with me!?"...EXCUUUUSEEE ME?! Since when Is saying we've never done anything like that, getting snippy?!

Guys, if you EVER have issues with any of your services, and they're bending over backwards to help you...don't be an ***. If it's the company itself you're having issues with, don't whine to us- write cooperate. There is only so much negativity a person can handle, and it's really draining to hear it day in and day out, because in the end, only YOU can help yourself. I'm here to do my best and help you out. We're here because we need a job, not to be berated and treated like garbage. We are still human, and you attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

End rant. =3 Moral of this story: Don't be a dick!

Gotta love working in customer service. The other day I had a guy cuss me out, even after I discounted his purchase as much as I could, because his card got declined. Obviously I have a magical 'screw this guy' button hidden somewhere, right?

Some people are determined to make everyone else's day as bad as their own, and to **** with them.

Back