Why do chins paw their noses?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burrito sometimes grabs her wiskers and pulls them down like she is straightening them lol. :)

I think they just have an itch something, they usually do it after a dust bath. It is one of my favorite things they do, it is just priceless.

I have to agree with Chantel. I just love when they do that, especially when they pay their face over and over and over.... It's so great to watch.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say, they probably have an itchy nose or got dust in their nose!

It's their Fu Man Chu move. They either do it for obvious reasons (itching, whatever) or because they know how it makes chin owners all mushy. The double Fu Man Chu is even more powerful at creating mushiness.

My chins wipe their noses when they happy.
During playtime or when they have fun, after they get a treat or when they just see me! I think my boys are in love with me, when I tell them how much I love them they look flirty and then wipe their noses!
My girl likes being naughty. When she unscrews the bell from the toy or makes lots of noise and I see it, she always wipes her nose and gives me a love bite lol

I still think they are thumbing their noses as us. My best female loves to do it to my husband when she is playing keep away from you.

I got to see a baby nose wipe today, talk about awwwwww factor. Even if they are "going for the gold" it is still cuter than when my kids do it.

Back