White cotton

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamiJami

I've got the babies out to play in the bathroom. I line the area around the toilet with clean white cotton towels to protect from biting. Zipper never bites the towels, but Ezio and Altair are hard core chewing them. Is this hazardous to them? I don't know I'd they're eating it, I can just tell that they're chewing.

I would not let them chew the towels. They can ingest the threads which could lead to impactions or other problems. Try lining it with cardboard boxes or pieces of a playpen instead if you have one. Or, just try to block the area off all together.

If they are chewing I wouldn't take the chance of their eating it. I don't understand why the towels around the toilet - 'to protect from biting' - Biting what??

There's a pipe behind my toilet that I want to protect them from. There's also nobs on the side that I'm afraid they may trip and hurt themselves on.
I'd like to get a playpen with a mat, but I don't have the money right now to buy them both.

I'll try to find some before I let them out again. I have a metal 8 panel gate I use for my rabbits. I washed it once and let Zipper out with it, but he can squeeze through the 2 inch gaps. So I know the babies will.

I have my dinning area with wood floors blocked off with a fleece wall for my chins. But even then , I have lots of fleece to cover things they should avoid. Go to joann fabrics with a mailer coupon or on a day (most always) when the fleece is on sale and by a bunch to drape instead of towels.

Back