White chins...what do yours look like?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marble is a pretty mosaic. He's got light and medium gray markings splotched all over his body and even the parts on his back that look pure white are sparsely ticked with dark hair. His belly on the other hand is pure white. The one of him looking like a chinnie loaf is the most recent.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 22
  • ch12.jpg
    ch12.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 18
  • chinloaf.jpg
    chinloaf.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 16
  • ch24.jpg
    ch24.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 27
i jus LOVE white chins!! OO jessica marble looks mad at you in the last picture!! lol

Spoof, that interesting to hear about the pairings and color variations coming from that white violet.

Also, that boy seems to be darkening with age as opposed to getting lighter...and you say they class them as standards frequently? I don't think they should, whites are not genetically the same as standards even if they appear very similar phenotypically...how have they done on the table when classed as standards? I don't imagine they'd take higher than class champ as they'd be beat by darkness?

Here are the few whites I have at the moment...

Celes, mosaic female
IMG_0457.jpg

Apollo, pink white male (such a fattie.. he overflows on his ledge rofl! :hearts: )
IMG_0735.jpg

Chai, tan white female (isn't she such a diva?! ;))
IMG_0744.jpg

Here's my baby Aiko, a white mosaic.

2132jw3.jpg

16bysk0.jpg

Teehees, I love her <3

This is my favorite mosaic that I have. I was told that her last two kits were both extreme mosaics. I have her in breeding with an eb and can't wait to see what she produces.

abbie0105091.jpg

abbie0105094.jpg

Ours have had semi-similar markings, most of these are possible eb carriers.

First up: These 3 had the same white eb father
connie1.jpg

gem3.JPG

boo2.jpg

Now these three have the same white eb mother (who was the sister of the white eb father from above) and the first two are from the same litter (same father)
rasc1.JPG

tuxy1.JPG

the third, (with the same mother as above, different father):
bandit11.JPG

This one's mother was the very first pic I posted:
tye3.JPG

And these two have the same white (no eb) father, different mothers
josh2.JPG

blue.jpg

I love the very last pic of that little guy! Such a cute white tail.

how have they done on the table when classed as standards?
Not as good as the standards for the reasons you stated. They literally have no veiling. They may get a first for size/clarity/strong fur, but go no further because it isn't a 'top looking standard'.

This is my favorite mosaic that I have. I was told that her last two kits were both extreme mosaics. I have her in breeding with an eb and can't wait to see what she produces.

abbie0105091.jpg

abbie0105094.jpg

:heart3::heart3::heart3: She's gorgeous, very interesting linage too.

Tabitha I absolutely fell in love with your boy! He's BEYOND adorable!

Back