Where do you buy your Dust Bath?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

poptot

Hello All,

I'm looking to buy dust bath for my Chinchilla (somewhat in bulk) for the best price. I usually order Blue Cloud from Chinworld, but the shipping is crazy. Where do you get your dust bath at the best price available without paying so much for shipping?

***I'm sure this has been posted before, but my searches came up empty

Thanks
Keith

Warwick, RI

I buy/order it from the Ryerson's when I go to the chin shows - usually 3 50 lb bags at at time. I only have to pay a very small 'handling' charge. I believe it is $2-$3

I get mine from a local pet shop. They have an 8 pound bag for 7.99 plus tax. I haven't found a better deal online. Shipping charges are a killer.

I buy Blue Cloud or Blue Sparkle from Ryerson's online. So far, that has worked out the best for me due to the flat rate shipping and price per lb. I only have 1 chin so a small amount can last me a long time. Definitely check out the link that Kalandra has linked since it has the forum members that sell chin-safe items.

I buy 50# bags of Blue Cloud for $20 from the Shoots whenever I go to a show. I usually buy several bags at a time. Maybe check out the breeders in New York or Pennsylvania if that is somewhat near you so you can bypass shipping costs?

Last edited:
My husband is going to be down in Southern California this coming week ( May 14-18 2012) and I was wondering if there was somewhere or someone he could pick up dust from as I know it is milled down there. I use to get it at the shows but I haven't been for a few years now and I am running low. I am looking for at least 2 50# bags. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as the shipping costs for the stuff are crazy. Thank you.

I have a cheap Amazon Prime account because I was in school. I've well made up for it! I tend to buy it off there because of the free shipping.

I did get a bit from Ronda for the girls though :)

My husband is going to be down in Southern California this coming week ( May 14-18 2012) and I was wondering if there was somewhere or someone he could pick up dust from as I know it is milled down there. I use to get it at the shows but I haven't been for a few years now and I am running low. I am looking for at least 2 50# bags. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as the shipping costs for the stuff are crazy. Thank you.

pm sent

tcraighenry - I sell Blue Cloud dust per a pound. I am not sure if I'm cheaper than Amazon or not.

Last edited:
You can try and find a local breeder and see if they have any. I was able to get a 50lb bag for $20.

Only down side is it's blue sparkle and I don't like how it works comparatively speaking to blue cloud....but I'm not showing and it gets the job done...

ETA you can also check local feed stores. The breeder told me that's where she gets her bags. So when I need another (15 years from now. haha) I can skip the middle man..

Back