What's new?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost my little lovebug Darwin a year ago and miss him very much. We still have our other rescue Shinobi. We've figured out how to pet him without messing up his fur-do and catch him cuddling his chin buddy every once in awhile. Things are going well enough. The flu is currently visiting so no one is breathing near the cage. First impression of the new site is good.20151110_022752.jpg

We still have our original 2 gray chins, Tala & Groo. Sadly we lost Raven unexpectedly about 3 years ago. We also lost our eldest dog, Luka, a year ago to what we suspect was a brain tumor. We added 2 Flemish giant rabbits in February and they have been a blast! Also hoping to get a puppy next spring.
I'm celebrating my business' 10th anniversary this month, and my husband is counting the days until he can stay home to help with the business instead of working for somebody else! We're tentatively planning that for January. Exciting times!

Oh gosh, I haven't posted here in ages. :( My girls are all up there in age now. Amy is 14.5, Patty is 12.5, and Phoebe is 11.5 though they are all doing well still. I lost Evie and Tami to teeth issues, Sally died of natural causes and I lost Ruby in a freak accident. Tami and Ruby within a few months of each other and that just about broke me.

My boy Pythagoras turned 10 this year and shows no signs of slowing down. Time flees.

Hi all. It’s been a long time since posted but I’ve come back and looked things up! I still have my two, Bella is @16 now and has been having teeth issues for the last several years, I had to feed her critical care for almost two years before she started eating on her own again. She has also recently developed arthritis and I’ve had to rearrange her cage and add shelves so she can get around without falling. Kiwi will be 12 in December and this year started having teeth issues too, but otherwise she is well.

We lost Marble back in May, she was 15. ZZ is still kicking and spunky as ever. :)

We also still have and continue to grow Chinchillacity.com.

Attachments

• 4A345ADA-066F-4BDF-B33C-4E364DF5D012.jpeg
    4A345ADA-066F-4BDF-B33C-4E364DF5D012.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 246
I’ve still got my chin Gracie, I think she‘s 2? We forgot to ask the pet store when we bought her. She’s very social during play time, often coming back to climb on whoever is watching her. I recently moved into a new house for college, so my parents are babysitting her until I can find a new cage for her.04C7199B-4D39-4161-B621-C6AD5AA7C08F.jpeg

Well I never really left this place since I joined ☺. I still have my two boys Wicket and Bazil, who are around 12 almost 13 (I'm going by the day I got them as their birthday since I don't know their actual one). I had hopes awhile ago of getting a couple more chins, a couple kits, but I don't really have the room and breeders are nearly impossible to find, so that will have to wait.

Hi All,
I have 12 chinchillas and am currently rearranging cages and adding fresh, new ledges since some of the ledges are pretty chewed up. All of my chins are males, all in separate cages. I will start sharing pictures soon and hope you will do the same. 😀

Hi! I have one chinchilla that I rescued 10 years ago. Loves ear and chin scritches. I was never active here but do use the forums when looking for reliable information. Very helpful. I also have 6 cats.

Hi everyone,

I still have my two rescue chinnies, Cinnamon and Vanilla, that I got as babies. It was their 8th birthday yesterday 🎂. Sadly they had to be separated three years ago due to a big fight but the bullied one seems much happier by herself. The attacker isn't so happy by herself but I wouldn't trust her with another chinchilla.

New software seems pretty cool.
I’ve had chins since 2005 or 6 I think. My original Polo passed away a couple years ago. I still
Have his cage mare Baba. Ive adopted a couple more and fostered quite a bit more.

i think I’ve gotten married and has a kid since I was on here last. We also adopted a kid and got a new doggie. I’m exited to be back and see everyone elseback on here.

With the new software and lots of old members coming back, thought it might be fun to see what everyone has been up to.

Travels? New pets? What's new?
still checking and getting used to new new software ;),just back from some workshop

Hi all. It’s been a long time since posted but I’ve come back and looked things up! I still have my two, Bella is @16 now and has been having teeth issues for the last several years, I had to feed her critical care for almost two years before she started eating on her own again. She has also recently developed arthritis and I’ve had to rearrange her cage and add shelves so she can get around without falling. Kiwi will be 12 in December and this year started having teeth issues too, but otherwise she is well.
Hello it's a long time since posted too and sadly my return to this forum was because my 10.5 year old chin frizzles sadly lost his battle with dental disease a month ago. Like you I had to feed him on and off since 2015 with critical care. The day he passed I got a random notification for this forum in my emails so even though it's hard this place has given me some comfort the past month. Sorry to drop in on your thread. Reading it brought back my memories of frizzles having dental and fighting with me over having to feed him critical care. He was a cheeky little guy 😊

Hello it's a long time since posted too and sadly my return to this forum was because my 10.5 year old chin frizzles sadly lost his battle with dental disease a month ago. Like you I had to feed him on and off since 2015 with critical care. The day he passed I got a random notification for this forum in my emails so even though it's hard this place has given me some comfort the past month. Sorry to drop in on your thread. Reading it brought back my memories of frizzles having dental and fighting with me over having to feed him critical care. He was a cheeky little guy 😊

Very sorry for your loss. I am a first time chin owner and had no idea how attached I could become to these little balls of fluff! My Maury is an 11 year old rescue so I know my time with him is limited. Bless you for taking such good care of Frizzles, I'm glad he had you in those final months. I'm glad you have lots of happy memories of him too. HERES TO FRIZZLES! 💕

Back