What's going on with my chin? I don't know what to do

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FussyPaws

This is going to be long, please bare with me.

I'm really stressing out right now and I don't know what to do, I tried posting on the chinchilla subreddit for advice but let's just say reddit is unhelpful and unfriendly everywhere it seems.

My timeline is a little hazy but a few weeks ago I was getting worried about my boy because his stool was looking small. I then noticed he was nibbling on his CareFresh bedding (uninformed decision I made 5 years ago when I was like 15 and never thought to reconsider until now), which he has never done in the 5 years or so that I've had him, so I was extremely worried he might have a blockage, and I removed all the bedding from his cage and I'm never going to give it to him again. Also I stopped giving him treats (plain rolled oats). After a few days things were looking pretty normal and I was relieved. Since he was feeling better and I felt like I could give him treats again, I decided to try giving him rosehips since I had just bought some and I wanted to see if he liked them.
He did, but it seemed like maybe I gave him treats again too soon because he started having issues again and they seemed worse this time. I was really scared he had bloat, his poop was small, and he would make little peeping noises like he was in pain. I had saw online that people would give their chinchillas simethicone/infacol/baby gas drops for gas, so I decided to try that. I started giving him a little bit every night (I would just let him lick the dropper or dip a piece of Timothy hay in it and then let him eat it) while also spending a few minutes rubbing his tummy every night and, again, it seemed like things were mostly normal. The only things that were throwing me off was that his poop didn't look consistent (wasn't always the same size, sometimes normal sometimes small) but was mostly normal looking, and that he'd make peeping noises at night while sleeping like he was hurting. I would rub his tummy around this time and he didn't seem bloated at all. He was still acting and eating normally. I continued to give him infacol at night and it got a bit better.
Things seemed normal again after a few more days and I waited a little longer before trying treats again just to make sure, decided to try another rosehip, immediately things went back to how they were a week or so before. Okay, so I figured maybe rosehips just aren't good for him. I'm not going to give him rosehips anymore. This was about a week ago. Over the past week, I've given him no treats and some Infacol every other night or so and things were, again, looking normal. The only things still throwing me off was the peeping at night while he was sleeping and the inconsistent pooping. Decided I wasn't going to give him any treats still until I was absolutely sure things were good, so he hasn't had any. Last night I noticed he was peeping more than usual but he didn't seem bloated at all, I gave him a little bit of infacol to try and help. I don't know if this caused it or not, but a little bit after that it seemed like things got worse. He seemed bloated and he did not want me to touch his tummy (started getting nippy and pushing my hand away). I thought maybe the infacol hadn't helped yet and maybe he was just tired of me touching him. Decided to sleep on it, usually he seemed like he started feeling better in the morning anyway.
I woke up a little bit ago, and he still seems bloated and in pain from me touching him. I'm worried because it seems pretty bad. I think. The problem is I can't really tell. I mean, as of writing this, he has been eating and bouncing around his cage like normal. He's still pooping, a normal amount I think, but it is smaller than normal. Not tiny but maybe about half the size it should be. Most of it is shaped normally (rounded at the ends) and all of it is a normal color. I'm also really confused because I just took a break from writing this to check on him again and he doesn't really seem bloated anymore and doesn't seem as bothered about me touching his stomach... What's going on? I feel like I'm going crazy...

I know the easiest answer to this is "take him to the vet" but I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I'm catching a flight to California, across the country from me, in exactly a week. I'm staying there for 2 weeks, and the plan was always take him to the vet as soon as I got back. I'm nervous he might die or something while I'm gone, but also I'm not very good at gauging this stuff because I have an anxiety disorder and freak out about things that are small... My dad said maybe I should try taking him to the vet within the week, but I know the vet won't be available because there's only one exotic vet and the appointments usually end up being awhile out. They're also not an emergency vet. Maybe I should try anyway and/or at least schedule one for as soon as I get back... What if I manage to get an appointment and he needs surgery or something while I'm gone? Should I cancel my flight? I've been planning this trip for years and it was pretty expensive and I'm going to be heartbroken about it but I don't know if I'd be able to deal with myself if there was something I could do and I didn't do it... I'm also nervous about what if I do cancel my flight and everything so I can take him to the vet and it does end up being nothing? Then I'm out $600 from the flight alone and I just cancelled the trip i've been planning for years... Does it seem like maybe he'll be okay until I get back?

I bought Critical Care at the same time that I bought the Infacol but I haven't used it since he hasn't had a lack of appetite, would it help if I used it? Is the infacol bad? Am I not giving him enough of it or am I not supposed to give it to him at all?

I have a theory that it's lack of exercise that might be causing it too maybe? It seems like he only has pain and issues while he sleeps at night, he pretty much spends the entire night sleeping in his hammock and not moving much, but then when he wakes up in the morning and starts moving around and eating things seem normal again and there is absolutely no peeping or sounds that make me think he's in pain... He also hasn't got much time outside of his cage lately because I've been having health issues, maybe that's not helping either... I also worry maybe it's just bad dreams causing the peeping noises because when I check on him after I hear him peeping he's always asleep, and I mean really asleep... I'm also not sure it's a blockage because he's still eating and pooping mostly normally...

Sorry this is so long. I just really don't know and I need advice I think... Someone on reddit told me I was overreacting and probably stressing him out by fussing over him so much, and then someone else told me I'm absolutely not overreacting and that I should stay cautious. Genuinely have no idea what's going on, the whole anxiety disorder thing doesn't help either. I might also be on edge because my dog passed away in February and I just don't want to lose another one of my babies so soon. Could the disappearance of my dog and my stress/poor mental health over it also be causing his issues??? Augh... I wish there was an instruction manual...

Any thoughts or advice would help... I'm doing my best, I hope nobody thinks I'm a bad owner or that I'm being negligent...

Ok first the dosage for gas drops is 20mg of simethicone, so for the infacol that should be 0.3 ml (I think that is a whole dropper full) every 8-12 hours. You can't really over dose on it since all it does is break up any gas bubbles that are there and excess is just peed out. It's good you have removed the carefresh bedding, but it still could have caused a partial blockage, which is why you are still seeing issues but he is also still pooping some. From the sounds of it though you aren't giving enough gas drops so I would try giving a normal dosage and see if that helps, maybe you are just breaking up some but not all the gas. Also if possible get the chin out and moving around. Chins do tend to have a bit smaller poops when the first wake up though, likely because it's been awhile since they ate or drank anything, but the poops should go back to normal once they are awake for a bit. If after 24 hours (2 doses) of the gas drops there is still no improvement a vet visit is a good idea. You can call and explain you are leaving in a week and see if they might be able to squeeze you in, sometimes people cancel and they can get you in. Or would it be possible for your dad (or whoever is watching the chin while you are gone) to bring the chin to the vet for you? Unfortunately chins are very good about hiding illness and pain, so if it's noticeable it generally means it's bad enough that they can't hide it anymore, so waiting weeks to see the vet isn't a good idea and since it's already been going on for a few weeks the sooner you can get the chin seen the better.

A few other things you can look at too, one is chins do need to move around for proper digestion, so if they are use to regular out of cage time and it suddenly stops or isn't as often that can effect digestion. So either play time to run around or a wheel (chin safe wheels need to be at least 14" diameter and solid metal, but 15-16" are what most recommend for most chins). Also what are you feeding? The food should ideally be an alfalfa based pellet only food like Oxbow Essentials, Science Select, or Mazuri. Also the chin should be eating lots of timothy hay too, it not only helps wear down the molars but also adds additional fiber to the diet for good digestion.

If you have a good bond with your chin then yes they can pick up on your stress and that can cause them to get stressed too. Especially true if their normal schedual of things, like when they are fed, have outside playtime, etc has been effected.

Oh also, I know oats have been a suggested treat for awhile, but they can be gassy, and some chins don't handle them well. Rosehips are fine for chins, but just like with humans some chins can have issues like allergies/intolerance to certain food items. So it's good to introduced one at a time so you can see if your chin has a problem or not.

Okay I can try giving him more Infacol. He doesn't like it on it's own, but he has no problem taking it if I put it on hay, but he can also be quite picky so I'm worried he might get bored if I keep handing him hay to eat... I'll still try it out though and see if he is willing.

I feed him Oxbow Essentials pellets and a mix of Orchard Grass Hay, Western Timothy Hat, and Oat Hay (all Oxbow as well). The only treats I had been giving him for the last few months are oats. I admit I was giving him way more than I should have, but once I realized that a few months ago I cut down on the amount I was giving him. I've been giving them to him for years with no issues, but maybe they suddenly aren't good for him? I know that can happen sometimes... I was seeing people talk about cutting up rosehips instead of giving whole rosehips, maybe a whole rosehip might just be too much for him? Or maybe they upset his tummy because they're a new treat? Or both maybe?

I'll try to get him some playtime in before I leave, my dad is going to be watching him while I'm gone but he's not exactly thrilled about having to watch my chin and my cat while I'm away so I told him he'll probably be okay for the 2 weeks as long as my dad is making sure he has hay, food, and water. I've only ever been gone for 2 weeks one other time and he did fine while I was gone, should I be trying to get my dad to let him out for playtime and stuff while I'm gone?

I'm relieved to hear its not abnormal for chins to have smaller stool in the morning. Once he wakes up and starts eating everything seems to go back to normal. They're mostly normal looking and it seems like he's pooping a normal amount. I'm just so confused because he mostly seems okay, he's energetic and he eats and drinks just fine and his attitude hasn't seemed different at all. At first I was worried he was lethargic but I think I just didn't realize he normally sleeps through most of the night (he's a better sleeper than I am it seems).

His current cage doesn't have much room for a chin wheel (its not tiny or anything, its an All Living Things Multilevel Small Animal Home iirc) but I just bought him a Critter Nation cage with 2 levels and I was hoping to get him a wheel for it when I got back from my trip. I've not moved him into that cage yet though. I was going to put it together before I left so he can just get used to it while I was gone, but I'm scared if I give him a new cage right now it'll stress him out which could add onto his current issue... Do you think it would be a bad idea for me to give him a new cage right now? I was thinking maybe with more space to move around it might help his tummy, but I'm not sure it's worth the stress...

I'd say he and I have a pretty good bond, so its possible my stress has been stressing him out. I've had like a million things going on lately, maybe he's been picking up on it. I'll try to call and see if they can squeeze me in before I go, fingers crossed. I feel really bad for waiting this long, but I just wasn't sure if I was stressing about nothing for awhile. I'm not sure if my dad would be willing to take him to the vet, my chinchilla is scared of him because hes a lot bigger than I am and I'm not sure my dad would be able to handle him correctly (plus he's quick to frustration which wouldn't help)... maybe I could try to get my mom or grandma to come over and do it, but I'm not sure how well they would handle it either...

Do you think me giving him Critical Care would help at all? Or is that only for poor appetite?

I would cut the oat hay out as well, just like oats it can be gassy for some chins. Rolled oats if given should just be a few oats a week. Timothy and orchard hay is fine daily but oat is considered more a treat hay then an everyday hay. With the rose hips it could be that it's just something new. Once he is doing better I would just give a few little pieces to start, if you have whole ones you can smash them with a hammer to break them into pieces.

I wouldn't have your dad take the chin out while you are gone if he doesn't like him, that could cause more issues of having the chase the chin around which would stress him out more and could risk the chin eating something they shouldn't if your dad gets frustrated and just leaves the chin out for awhile. Personally anytime I had someone watch my chins I made sure they didn't even have to open the cage if possible. If you have room you can get the new cage set up and see what he thinks of it, but it's best to be there to watch when changing cages just in case you need to move things around or anything. It really depends on the chin though, so are fine with a new cage and happily go around and explore, others it's all new and scary. If he isn't ok with the new cage by the time you leave though it would probably be best to just leave him in the cage he is currently. Also another tip when switching cages move as much of the old stuff into the new cage as you can so his scent is there, which will make him feel more at home.

It's hard to say what to do for the vet, maybe just see when they can get your chin in, if he is otherwise acting ok in the meantime just stick with just pellets and hay no treats and see how he does. Critical care is more for if they aren't eating, it's a meal replacement for when they are sick or recovering and not eating or not eating enough on their own, it can also be used to put weight on a skinny chin since it's higher in calories then their normal food. Do you keep a weight record on him? and if so is he losing weight? If he is eating normally and not losing weight I wouldn't bother.

Oh I had no idea the oat hay was the same as oats! That makes sense... its a bit difficult though, all of my hay is mixed together. The oat hay is thicker and lighter though so maybe I'll be able to separate it somewhat. I got him to take a whole dropper a little bit ago by putting it all in a spoon and mixing little hay pieces in it. He took most of it but then refused the last little bit and was being difficult so I put a single oat in there and he took the rest. I hope one wont mess with his tummy too much, I just really wanted him to take all of it.

I'll try it out! His fleece liners are supposed to be here sometime today, so I'll put it together either late today or tomorrow and see what he thinks.

I managed to get them to squeeze me in on Wednesday thankfully, they said they're gonna start with an exam and go from there. I don't keep the most consistent track of his weight, but honestly I think he's gained weight recently (at least over the past year). I've honestly been wondering if maybe hes overweight and that could be causing an issue. He used to be around 750g-ish but has been in the 850g-900g zone for this past year. But as far as I can tell, no weight loss and eating normally.

Last edited:
This is going to be long, please bare with me.

I'm really stressing out right now and I don't know what to do, I tried posting on the chinchilla subreddit for advice but let's just say reddit is unhelpful and unfriendly everywhere it seems.

My timeline is a little hazy but a few weeks ago I was getting worried about my boy because his stool was looking small. I then noticed he was nibbling on his CareFresh bedding (uninformed decision I made 5 years ago when I was like 15 and never thought to reconsider until now), which he has never done in the 5 years or so that I've had him, so I was extremely worried he might have a blockage, and I removed all the bedding from his cage and I'm never going to give it to him again. Also I stopped giving him treats (plain rolled oats). After a few days things were looking pretty normal and I was relieved. Since he was feeling better and I felt like I could give him treats again, I decided to try giving him rosehips since I had just bought some and I wanted to see if he liked them.
He did, but it seemed like maybe I gave him treats again too soon because he started having issues again and they seemed worse this time. I was really scared he had bloat, his poop was small, and he would make little peeping noises like he was in pain. I had saw online that people would give their chinchillas simethicone/infacol/baby gas drops for gas, so I decided to try that. I started giving him a little bit every night (I would just let him lick the dropper or dip a piece of Timothy hay in it and then let him eat it) while also spending a few minutes rubbing his tummy every night and, again, it seemed like things were mostly normal. The only things that were throwing me off was that his poop didn't look consistent (wasn't always the same size, sometimes normal sometimes small) but was mostly normal looking, and that he'd make peeping noises at night while sleeping like he was hurting. I would rub his tummy around this time and he didn't seem bloated at all. He was still acting and eating normally. I continued to give him infacol at night and it got a bit better.
Things seemed normal again after a few more days and I waited a little longer before trying treats again just to make sure, decided to try another rosehip, immediately things went back to how they were a week or so before. Okay, so I figured maybe rosehips just aren't good for him. I'm not going to give him rosehips anymore. This was about a week ago. Over the past week, I've given him no treats and some Infacol every other night or so and things were, again, looking normal. The only things still throwing me off was the peeping at night while he was sleeping and the inconsistent pooping. Decided I wasn't going to give him any treats still until I was absolutely sure things were good, so he hasn't had any. Last night I noticed he was peeping more than usual but he didn't seem bloated at all, I gave him a little bit of infacol to try and help. I don't know if this caused it or not, but a little bit after that it seemed like things got worse. He seemed bloated and he did not want me to touch his tummy (started getting nippy and pushing my hand away). I thought maybe the infacol hadn't helped yet and maybe he was just tired of me touching him. Decided to sleep on it, usually he seemed like he started feeling better in the morning anyway.
I woke up a little bit ago, and he still seems bloated and in pain from me touching him. I'm worried because it seems pretty bad. I think. The problem is I can't really tell. I mean, as of writing this, he has been eating and bouncing around his cage like normal. He's still pooping, a normal amount I think, but it is smaller than normal. Not tiny but maybe about half the size it should be. Most of it is shaped normally (rounded at the ends) and all of it is a normal color. I'm also really confused because I just took a break from writing this to check on him again and he doesn't really seem bloated anymore and doesn't seem as bothered about me touching his stomach... What's going on? I feel like I'm going crazy...

I know the easiest answer to this is "take him to the vet" but I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I'm catching a flight to California, across the country from me, in exactly a week. I'm staying there for 2 weeks, and the plan was always take him to the vet as soon as I got back. I'm nervous he might die or something while I'm gone, but also I'm not very good at gauging this stuff because I have an anxiety disorder and freak out about things that are small... My dad said maybe I should try taking him to the vet within the week, but I know the vet won't be available because there's only one exotic vet and the appointments usually end up being awhile out. They're also not an emergency vet. Maybe I should try anyway and/or at least schedule one for as soon as I get back... What if I manage to get an appointment and he needs surgery or something while I'm gone? Should I cancel my flight? I've been planning this trip for years and it was pretty expensive and I'm going to be heartbroken about it but I don't know if I'd be able to deal with myself if there was something I could do and I didn't do it... I'm also nervous about what if I do cancel my flight and everything so I can take him to the vet and it does end up being nothing? Then I'm out $600 from the flight alone and I just cancelled the trip i've been planning for years... Does it seem like maybe he'll be okay until I get back?

I bought Critical Care at the same time that I bought the Infacol but I haven't used it since he hasn't had a lack of appetite, would it help if I used it? Is the infacol bad? Am I not giving him enough of it or am I not supposed to give it to him at all?

I have a theory that it's lack of exercise that might be causing it too maybe? It seems like he only has pain and issues while he sleeps at night, he pretty much spends the entire night sleeping in his hammock and not moving much, but then when he wakes up in the morning and starts moving around and eating things seem normal again and there is absolutely no peeping or sounds that make me think he's in pain... He also hasn't got much time outside of his cage lately because I've been having health issues, maybe that's not helping either... I also worry maybe it's just bad dreams causing the peeping noises because when I check on him after I hear him peeping he's always asleep, and I mean really asleep... I'm also not sure it's a blockage because he's still eating and pooping mostly normally...

Sorry this is so long. I just really don't know and I need advice I think... Someone on reddit told me I was overreacting and probably stressing him out by fussing over him so much, and then someone else told me I'm absolutely not overreacting and that I should stay cautious. Genuinely have no idea what's going on, the whole anxiety disorder thing doesn't help either. I might also be on edge because my dog passed away in February and I just don't want to lose another one of my babies so soon. Could the disappearance of my dog and my stress/poor mental health over it also be causing his issues??? Augh... I wish there was an instruction manual...

Any thoughts or advice would help... I'm doing my best, I hope nobody thinks I'm a bad owner or that I'm being negligent...
Update: Took him to vet and got x-rays done! They also did a physical exam and a fecal exam. No signs of blockage on the x-rays, they said it's possible he could have a partial blockage that just isn't being picked up by the x-ray but they weren't seeing any signs of it. They said I could get more stuff done if I wanted them to be more thorough but since everything seems okay I'm gonna leave it. He also has no intestinal parasites. They noticed during his physical exam that he was having some joint pain in his back legs though, so they gave me some medicine to treat his pain and inflammation. They also noticed he was a little overweight. They said more exercise would be good so I moved him to his new Critter Nation cage (way bigger than his other cage) and he's been very active and getting lots of exercise. He has a wheel coming soon too. They said that we're just going to continue treating him for pain and inflammation. I think everything is okay for the most part :)

Update: Took him to vet and got x-rays done! They also did a physical exam and a fecal exam. No signs of blockage on the x-rays, they said it's possible he could have a partial blockage that just isn't being picked up by the x-ray but they weren't seeing any signs of it. They said I could get more stuff done if I wanted them to be more thorough but since everything seems okay I'm gonna leave it. He also has no intestinal parasites. They noticed during his physical exam that he was having some joint pain in his back legs though, so they gave me some medicine to treat his pain and inflammation. They also noticed he was a little overweight. They said more exercise would be good so I moved him to his new Critter Nation cage (way bigger than his other cage) and he's been very active and getting lots of exercise. He has a wheel coming soon too. They said that we're just going to continue treating him for pain and inflammation. I think everything is okay for the most part :)
I'm glad you were able to get answers! I would also like to add that in addition to having at least a 2x2x3 ft cage, it is also strongly advised that you take him out to run around for an hour a day. However, I know real life can get crazy so if your schedule doesn't allow for an hour, you can try scheduling 30-45 minutes a few times a week.(for example, on busy weeks, I take my older one out for playtime on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and if he isn't used to getting out, try giving him his dust bath each time and/or having certain toys he likes out only during playtime so he associates it with something he loves.❤️(My Chico would live outside of his cage if I let him but some chins need extra incentive.😉)

I'm glad you were able to get answers! I would also like to add that in addition to having at least a 2x2x3 ft cage, it is also strongly advised that you take him out to run around for an hour a day. However, I know real life can get crazy so if your schedule doesn't allow for an hour, you can try scheduling 30-45 minutes a few times a week.(for example, on busy weeks, I take my older one out for playtime on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and if he isn't used to getting out, try giving him his dust bath each time and/or having certain toys he likes out only during playtime so he associates it with something he loves.❤️(My Chico would live outside of his cage if I let him but some chins need extra incentive.😉)
His old cage was an All Living Things Small Animal Home iirc, I think it met the 2x2x3 requirement. His new cage is a double Critter Nation cage so it's definitely big enough. I admit I've been slacking on playtime for the past year or two, mostly due to lack of space in my room and mental health issues, but I've tried to keep it on schedule for at least every other day for an hour or more for the past 2-3 months and that's been going well. I notice it's easier for me to do if I do it while doing something else like playing a game or watching something. My boy loves being out of his cage too, also loves his baths. The huge doors on his new cage allow me to easily put his bathhouse in and take it out so he'll be getting baths more often too. He'll be getting his wheel when I get back from my trip as well, so that should help with exercise.

His old cage was an All Living Things Small Animal Home iirc, I think it met the 2x2x3 requirement. His new cage is a double Critter Nation cage so it's definitely big enough. I admit I've been slacking on playtime for the past year or two, mostly due to lack of space in my room and mental health issues, but I've tried to keep it on schedule for at least every other day for an hour or more for the past 2-3 months and that's been going well. I notice it's easier for me to do if I do it while doing something else like playing a game or watching something. My boy loves being out of his cage too, also loves his baths. The huge doors on his new cage allow me to easily put his bathhouse in and take it out so he'll be getting baths more often too. He'll be getting his wheel when I get back from my trip as well, so that should help with exercise.
Yes, a wheel should help alot! That being said, you may already know this but a chinchilla wheel needs to be metal or wood as plastic of any kind can cause a blockage as well as even cut up the intestines if sharp enough.(preferably metal though because some chins spray and also if they get parasites or worms, everything wooden has to be thrown out.) And it needs to be atleast 15 inches so it doesn't cause damage to their back.

Yes, a wheel should help alot! That being said, you may already know this but a chinchilla wheel needs to be metal or wood as plastic of any kind can cause a blockage as well as even cut up the intestines if sharp enough.(preferably metal though because some chins spray and also if they get parasites or worms, everything wooden has to be thrown out.) And it needs to be atleast 15 inches so it doesn't cause damage to their back.
It's solid metal/aluminum! I never put plastic in his cage :) Although I heard it needed to be at least 14in so the one I ordered is 14in... I hope that isn't too small. I guess I can just keep an eye on him and see if it's too small for him and if it is I can buy a new one... Really sucks though, the one I bought was $100+ :') I really hope its okay

It's solid metal/aluminum! I never put plastic in his cage :) Although I heard it needed to be at least 14in so the one I ordered is 14in... I hope that isn't too small. I guess I can just keep an eye on him and see if it's too small for him and if it is I can buy a new one... Really sucks though, the one I bought was $100+ :') I really hope its okay
14 is the bare minium and really only an ok size for smaller chins in the 600g range, most find that larger chins need at least 15-16" wheels. When running on the wheel they should be able to run with their back straight not bending backwards to run at all or it can cause injury to their spine over time, and should be able to fully extend their legs.

Here is a video from the Quality cage website of a chin on a chin spin (15") wheel to give you an idea.

https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/vp...756c4f4aadb58d7a6cf66607.HD-1080p-3.3Mbps.mp4

14 is the bare minium and really only an ok size for smaller chins in the 600g range, most find that larger chins need at least 15-16" wheels. When running on the wheel they should be able to run with their back straight not bending backwards to run at all or it can cause injury to their spine over time, and should be able to fully extend their legs.

Here is a video from the Quality cage website of a chin on a chin spin (15") wheel to give you an idea.

https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/vp...756c4f4aadb58d7a6cf66607.HD-1080p-3.3Mbps.mp4
Thank you for the info! I'll watch him use it for a bit to make sure he doesn't have to bend his back at all. I've always thought he was a little on the small size so maybe it'll be okay idk. He's around 900g but that's not his healthy weight because he's a little chunky right now.

Oh that's okay!!! Thank you regardless, it means a lot that you care so much about my little guy :D
Of course! Happy to help!😁

Yeah, Chico has always been on the slightly smaller side too from what I've been able to tell. Not sure about my little Ruby though, at the rate she's growing, she'll be twice his size!🤣

Last edited:
@FussyPaws Also, if you feel comfortable sharing, I'm sure we would all love to see pictures of your little guy.❤️ I'll attach pictures of my two...(the first one is my 2 year old boy; Chico and the second is Ruby, my (almost) 5 month old. They are seperate, lol)

Attachments

• 20230321_003340.jpg
    20230321_003340.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230307_224227.jpg
    20230307_224227.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Back