What tools are used for cutting wood?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use rose pruners for the little stuff,limb pruners for the thumb thick sticks and a power miter saw for thick chunks/coins, then table saw for perches.Keep the hand pruners clean and sharp and it's a lot easier. I refuse to use anything other than a drill press for drilling holes in whirlies or coins since I accidentally drilled into my tackroom floor trying to drill them with a hand drill!

I use pruning shears, a hand saw for getting it out of the trees and a miter saw.

Ronda has a woodworking shop and all kinds of fancy stuff like a band saw, drill press, etc.

It allows you to go a lot faster.

Thank you all :)

I use a hand drill for drilling my coins and twhirlies because until a few days ago I didn't know what a drill press was. (Or I did, but wasn't aware that it could be used for this) but I missed out and my sold his to a friend of his months ago because he never used it and it was taking up space in his building.

I drill most of my holes with a dremel (makes small enough holes to easily start screws and leaves enough for a snug thread catch). I cut shelves with a circular saw and use a drill to screw in the mounting screws.

Table saw
Chop saw
Band saw (9 foot & 4 foot)
Radial arm
Drill press
Hand drill
Pruning shears
Loppers
Paper cutter
Stationary oscillating table sander
Air sander
Electric chain saw