what to do??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltiefan

My son Atikan is 7 years old. He has ADHD. He kinda has a dry personality. He doesn't show emotion very well unless its anger. He is good at showing anger. I am not one of those moms who think there kid is the golden child. Yes I know atikan is alot and I know atikan can be alittle bit of a bully. Which we do NOT accept in the house.
He has had problems with this school year from the very frist day.
He messes with other kids, pushes them, mess with there paper, get in there face.
But...
There is one kid that is constanly calling him names and hitting him. One time I dropped off his glasses at school and even witnessed this.
I have told his teacher and she tells me the same thing
Atikan does this... Atikan does that... He is lying NO one picks on him.
But I have seen it.
My husband went to the princable about this issue and he got a call from Atikan's teacher again. With Atikan isnt perfect he does this and that. And this one boy he says picks on him isn't and that Atikan is lying.
I really don't know what to do?
When I hear that Atikan has picked on kids he gets punished. He loses all games and TV for that day. But it still doesn't give the other child a reason to pick on him. Or for the teacher to say he is lying

If you have seen it with your own eyes, did you call attention to it the moment it happened? If so what did the teacher say then?

We had a similar issue with my son's 1st/2nd grade teacher (they keep the same teacher for 2 years here in the elementary schools). It was made quite apparent that since he started the school year causing trouble that her eyes were fixated on him for the duration of the next year and a half. He could do NO right at all in her eyes. She would send home daily reports that would have nothing but negative comments on them all the time. One day, I'd had enough and took the copies of these papers that I started making after I noticed this hateful/negative pattern, to the principal and told her that I find it hard to believe that not one day since he's been in her class has he done one positive thing to "write home about." Rather she seemed to want to find the negative and comment on it day after day after day. We had a problem with her from the start and it didn't let up very much after that either. As I told the principal, I wouldn't want to behave for her either if when I did, I didn't get recognized for doing so. And who really knows what went on in the classroom and whether or not he really WAS the little twit she kept writing about on those daily papers. All I do know is, his next 2 teachers haven't had NEAR the problems that the first teacher kept pointing out. Sometimes it's just a personality conflict or a flat out bad teacher. Hang in there.

I did see the boy call atikan names and the teacher wasn't even in the cafeatera at the time. And I couldn't find her. But I did notify her about it. But she says the same thing. Atikan also picks on the kids. But at that one time I saw he wan't pickin on him. He was 2 seats away

Back