What to do in summer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like Chin are not a fan of summer heat so I am not that sure as to summer activity is best for them.

I don't let my guys out to play if the temp in the room is above 20C. They can overheat very easily so even if they room is an ok temp you need to make sure it's ok even if they heat up while running around.

I wanted to take the time to break down when chin is too hot, too cold or in an environment that is not generally comfortable.

I have my AC set to 70 degrees until the outside world dips below it. They play in 70 degrees with no problems.

Eep, at 70 degrees I'm panicking. I don't ever let my chin room get above 60 degrees and that is without letting chins out to exercise. I know people like to say that 70 is comfortable, but it is not. Put yourself in a full-length fur coat, complete with hat and gloves, and just sit there. I would die. No picture exercising in it. My chin barn sits at 50 degrees all winter long and they love it.

Back