What kind of toys keep a chinchillas mind active?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshmallowfluff29

why do i want a zoo
I've read that it's important to provide your chin with toys that are chewable and toys that keep your chinchillas mind active. However when thinking about it, I have no idea what keeps a chinchillas mind active. The only thing I can think of is treat dispensers, where they have to press a certain lever for a certain door to open but I think my chins will just chew the **** out of one unless I frequently put treats in there and I don't want to do that, are there any toys that chins don't destroy but actually enjoy using (and maybe only chew them a little haha)

I try to provide a variety of chew toys so that they always have something different available. I also move the toys around, hang them in different places, take some away and bring them back at a later date, etc. Just keeping things interesting :)

We like to get small brown paper lunch bags and fill them with stuff. We usually use apple wood, our flower salad, rosehips, hay, etc. They love to rip apart the bags and forage through all the good stuff inside.

Back