What are your favorite chinchilla products?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little guys and girls absolutely LOVE cork! You can lay it down in the cage or even better: Let it hang from the ceiling, guaranteed fun times and not that expensive.

A
My little guys and girls absolutely LOVE cork! You can lay it down in the cage or even better: Let it hang from the ceiling, guaranteed fun times and not that expensive.
This is very interesting. Do you mean cork as in those cork tiles used for flooring? Guaranteed fun times I imagine it means making holes or chewing it to ribbons.

My chin really enjoys those woven willow vine balls. For extra fun, sometimes I'll put a treat like a rose hip or chamomile flower inside that she has to chew out.

My chin also really enjoys those Kaytee Nibble Knots. They're coloured wood dowels held together like a sort of puzzle, and pulling out the smaller "pin" dowels makes it all fall to pieces. She usually pulls it apart in a matter of minutes, but then she's left with a bunch of smaller wood chew toys from all the pieces. It's one of the few toys I've found that lasts longer than a day, since it usually takes a few days for her to chew up all the pieces.

She likes those bamboo finger traps. She also really enjoys chewing up yucca wood, cholla wood, apple wood, and loofah pieces. Those she gets really excited about, but she'll also chew up pumice stone, willow sticks, blueberry sticks, pine wood, and poplar wood.

She tends to get bored with things if she gets them too frequently, so I try to keep a stock of a variety of toys and materials so I can rotate through different stuff. But I'm always on the lookout for safe toys that are new to her!

Back