What are your chin's crazy nicknames

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crouton has a ton of nicknames! I call him my chinchilla-baby, pretty, pretty boy, kitty (not sure how that started!), and most often "Hey! Hey you with the fuzzy butt!" among other things. My boyfriend calls him buddy and crazy.

Sniffles is the new boy, so we usually call him by name. But, "Hey, pretty!" and "Hey pretty boy" are common too.

It's so funny how pet's nicknames evolve! We're a little weird over here so here are ours haha

Clark's nicknames: Clarkshark, Shark, Sharkattack, Booboo, Booboobunny, Bunnybear

Koopa's nicknames: Koops, Koopsie, Koopaloop, Koopacat, Fuzzybunny, Fluffybutt, Fluffernutter

I'm not creative with nick names. Mira is often called "Momma". It stuck after she had her kits. That's what my mom call's her :p

Her daughter, Marika, is "Baby girl." She was the only girl out of triplets, so that's what we called her the first week or so.

My dog, Trixie, I call "Trixie-Rixie."

Lol i love all these nicknames bc I do the same thing! I literally just spit things out that come to mind!
I do it to my human children as well so I'm sure they are just as confused!

Lol i love all these nicknames bc I do the same thing! I literally just spit things out that come to mind!
I do it to my human children as well so I'm sure they are just as confused!

Ha, my mom sometimes calls me and all my siblings Henry - and only one of us is male, and none are named anything close to Henry. We just kind of go with it.

The chinchillas just go with it, too. Crouton seems to know that he is Crouton and the other is Sniffles (but I'm not sure if Sniffles knows his own name!), but when we call them by nicknames they usually both come check out what's going on.

Scully has two nicknames..."sculpt" because that's what my iPhone always autocorrects her name to, lol, and "the resident bit**" because SHE IS!!! We refer to all the chins as "the babies" and we also individually refer to them as "fuzzy termites" and "mini t-rexes". Arwen and Esper don't really have specific nicknames. Our cat and dog have tons of nicknames...I think we come up with new material for them every day! My favorite for Kaylee (the dog) is "psycho lemur" because when it thunderstorms, that is how she looks and acts!!!

I call my chinchilla Shadow 'Spiderman' sometimes because he loves to climb and has a spiderman hammock. mostly I call him by his name or baby.

Buddha has a funny attitude sometimes, so I would start saying "Buddha Attitud-a" which got shortened to "Buddha-tuda". But my family mostly calls him Pooper Shooter :) haha

I kinda "baby talk" the chins, so my nicknames can get pretty weird. More normal nicknames when Tia gets called, "Tia bear", Chichi is sometimes called the "Chichinator" and Tribble gets called "Dribble", but I do it in a baby talk voice so it just sounds weird... lol.

Offtopic- I am well aware that "baby talking" children is a bad idea, and when I do have children I am gonna have a hard time not doing it- cause I do it sooo much with the chins and they are considered my babies!

Well I tend to mix up the names Mika and Kiki, but when I'm not doing that sometimes it turns into, "Hey there Ms.Fluff Fluff"

In the not quite 2 months that we have had Luna she has been called Luna-bug, Buggy, Buggy-boo, Chinny-chin, Ninchilla, Ninny, Chinny girl, Bug, Grumpy butt and I'm sure others. I can only imagine she will get more nick names as time goes on :)

There's squirt, fluffy ball(he's a bit chubby), the little squeakers(very vocal triplets), and kecky keck because of all the noise she makes.

I call Drucilla "Druzillady" or "Droozles" and I call Beatrice "Beabulls" or "Mrs.Beazilly" or "Beazillybub" depending on my mood.

Pepper is more often called Pudge, Fuzzbutt or Fuzzball. Or just 'goofy'. xD I don't think any of my animals actually get called by their proper names much, haha.

Gizmo has been with me the longest. He has a bunch of nicknames. Most are just variations of his name like Gizzie Wizzie, Gizzie, and Gizzard. He is a malo chin and I have to feed him a couple of times each day. When I go to get him out to feed him, I sing "we're off to feed the Gizzard, the wonderful Gizzard of OZ". :facepalm:

Chimi-Chimmers, Chim chim chimney charroo(yes I will wing that one line to her), Chimi butt, Chimi-changa, Princess(or Queen) Chimi. Oh yes and when she's in a lovely attitude Chimi McPouty Butt.

Lilith-Lilly(my name for her), Lils, Lillers, Silly Lilly, Princess Lilly(she can never have queen because that title is just for chimi), Shy-Girl, and Spastic Chin.

Love my girls!

Back