Wet eye

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjbrenn96

My little 1 year old boy cheech has wetness around his eye. Mainly around left eye, right eye is a little wet but barely noticeable at all. He had a bloat problem a couple weeks ago and he started feeling better and is very active and eats but now has this wetness around one eye. The discharge is clearish white from the eye. Still very active. Any ideas? Don't want to pay for vet for something minor if he's okay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 13
Looks like he has some conjunctivitis going on. You will want to take him to the vet as eye infections can be tricky to get rid of. The vet should stain the cornea to check for scratches or ulcers and from there can decide what type of antibiotic to give. Sometimes it takes an eye drop and oral antibiotic to totally clear up an eye infection. If it doesn't clear up after a course of antibiotics you may want to consider getting dental radiographs to be sure the teeth are ok as eye watering can be a side effect of root elongation, though I wouldn't jump to that right away. Avoid dust baths until the eye has healed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back