Welcome to chinnieworld

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandi

non-stop poop sweeper
Okay, well actually I just finished the top half of my new FN and wanted to show it off and with all the decorating, I ended up breaking off one of the wheels, which I think should not have happened. Anyway, here are CJ and Pepper's top half -

"Oh, hi! I'm CJ, come on in, excuse my manners but I can't stop chewing on my yummie wood chews!"

DSCN2199.jpg

There's lots to do in chinnieworld

DSCN2228.jpg

DSCN2240.jpg

Bottom half not finished...I want to put a wheel in there but I have 2 crazy flying baby chins that give themselves enough stimulation with just each other...

DSCN2226.jpg

"Thanks for stopping by!...Gotta get back to my snuggling time with Pepper, bye!"

DSCN2244.jpg

Awesome cage, what spoiled little happy guys you have!

I like your cage. Hopefully you don't mind if I ask a few questions.

I can see that you have pans in the cages. Is that bedding in the pans? Is that their potty? If so, are they any tricks to get them to use the potty? And the rest of the floor has fleece? How often do you have to change and clean the fleece?

And is that a swing you have? It appears to be stone instead of wood. I like it And they use the swing?

Linda

Wow Sandy! Looks great. I've got the same questions Linda does on the swing. Did you make it? Is that a big ol chunk of Manzanita also in the top half? Where did you get the little log perch on the right side of the bottom half of the cage? Love the red walls too by the way.

Looks like there's a layer of fleece under the pans, Bass Pans I assume, probably to keep the noise down while they are jumping around and the pee off the walls. :) Right? Red layer on the outside and a blue liner in the bottom of the pan on top.

the cage looks fabulous! i love the 2 story home in the last pic.

Thanks! That is the tower from simplychintastic.

I like your cage. Hopefully you don't mind if I ask a few questions.

I can see that you have pans in the cages. Is that bedding in the pans? Is that their potty? If so, are they any tricks to get them to use the potty? And the rest of the floor has fleece? How often do you have to change and clean the fleece?

And is that a swing you have? It appears to be stone instead of wood. I like it And they use the swing?

Linda

I recently started using fleece liners, so my boys are actually doing quite well with the change and yes the smaller pan on top of the fleece has pine bedding in it. The only trick that I've learned from members here on the forum is to add some of their old soiled bedding into the pan. I spot clean every day with a hand-vac and wash the fleece once a week. As far as the stone, there is actually 2 flagstones in the cage, one is on the door and the other is a "hanging" perch and not really a swing. I got both of them from chinontherocks.com, and yes they love it, I've found both boys just hanging out on them. Thanks!

Wow Sandy! Looks great. I've got the same questions Linda does on the swing. Did you make it? Is that a big ol chunk of Manzanita also in the top half? Where did you get the little log perch on the right side of the bottom half of the cage? Love the red walls too by the way.

Looks like there's a layer of fleece under the pans, Bass Pans I assume, probably to keep the noise down while they are jumping around and the pee off the walls. :) Right? Red layer on the outside and a blue liner in the bottom of the pan on top.

Thanks and you've already answered most of your questions ;))! I got the hanging flagstone perch from chinontherocks.com, they have an ad on the rotating banner above. It just so happens that I live a mile from the man who makes the perches and ledges, he also does a lot of bird items. While I was at his place, I saw the only hanging perch he had at the time and snatched it up as well as that big ol' chunck of manzanita! As far as the small log perches, I bought those from member alli713 of camphorchins.com.

Yes, there is a layer of fleece under the bass pans, it has almost completely eliminated all rattling noises from inside the cage, I just thought of that one myself! I put the fleece behind the cage to contain poop and bedding inside.

where did you get all those stones from ? i love them

I got the flagstones from chinontherocks.com!

Thanks Carol and haha Stacie, did you see Pepper "overwhelmingly" sleeping in the tower the entire time CJ was performing for me, LOL!

Thanks Carol and haha Stacie, did you see Pepper "overwhelmingly" sleeping in the tower the entire time CJ was performing for me, LOL!

Ok, well I'll be sure to tell Bear and Smudge that Sandi doesn't like them near as much as she says she does...... :neener:

Thanks to you though, I finally got my motivation to get Smudge's cage separated and set it all up....doesn't look near as fun as yours, but I tried to make it as cool as possible so he wouldn't try to murder me in my sleep for splitting his FN up.

Back