Welcome Jedi: My first kit ever! Pics and video of the birth

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! He's adorable. Good job on handfeeding.

I used to hand feed kits from a particular female. I started to hand feed the mom some kit formula and she ended producing a lot of milk. It was a lot easier for me to feed the mom then the kits.

Thanks for the comments. Snickers, I am going to hope my beige lumbering around makes milk...when do you feed the kit formula to mom? Prior? At delivery time? I assume only til milk comes in since I thought milk wasn't good for adults...?

I fed it to her that day the kits were born for 2 days. It wasn't a lot but I can stand outside of the cage and feed it to her from a spoon. I just call it kit formula but it has crushed pellets, life line, water, and a little bit of goat milk. I do not feed this mixture to kits if I have to hand feed.

Last edited:
Updated Jedi Pics...hes just over 6 weeks now and over 200g!

Him with mom...
July102011133-1.jpg

His markings are lightening up to a silver I think...
July102011174-1.jpg

...with a bit darker face
July102011175-1.jpg

8.5 week update

Hi everyone...with the new kits arriving a few weeks ago and a bunch of other things going on, I've been slacking on my updating of pics. So, here are a couple pics of Jedi from this morning. He is 8.5 weeks old and around 260g. It is interesting how his markings have changed...

July312011Kits026-1.jpg

July312011Kits029-1.jpg

Back