weird/loud/crazy kacking at night?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymilo

last night my chinny made a noise i have never heard before...it was kind of like "ka-ka-ka-ka"...i have heard her kack before but in a softer quieter manner and only in the wee hours of the morning...never at night...and this time it was sooo loud....when i went to check on her she was sleeping?? what could this noise be?

One of mine does that too. I think chins dream, and sometimes they have nightmares. If she was sleeping, she wasn't even aware that she was doing it.

Could have been an alarm call aka barking. My chins do it at the silliest things. A dog barking, a car horn...maybe something startled her. It's similar to what a squirrel does when they are warning others of danger.

My chins do that from time to time. Like JennyBug said, they might dream. Maybe she just had a bad one?

Not enough chewies or something! Oh noes!

Could have been an alarm call aka barking. My chins do it at the silliest things. A dog barking, a car horn...maybe something startled her. It's similar to what a squirrel does when they are warning others of danger.

how good is their hearing? Can they hear sounds we can't? Mine will do a warning call when I've heard absolutely nothing...

I've heard mine sqeak while asleep, but the loud dying sqeaky toy noise is always when someone's awake. I wonder what they dream about? Big fields of apple sticks and shredded wheat?

Back