Weird fur?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittneyk13

Daisy🌺
Hey everyone! Just had a quick question. So when I came home tonight my chinchillas fur was kind of hard and crunchy in some spots and is kind of sticking together? Idk how to explain it. But before I left she was totally normal and when I got home not even 3 hours later her fur was a mess. Anyone have any idea what might have happened? I'll post a pic of her before and after so you can see what I am taking about. She had a dust bath the night before if that matters. I have had her for 3 years now and this has never happened before. The inside of her tunnel kind of feels and looks weird too. I'm thinking maybe she peed herself? She is litter trained though and only normally pees in her litter

Attachments

• IMG_1991.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 34
looks like she peed in the tunnel then rubbed herself in it. Give her the dust bath - every day until she looks better. You will have to clean the tunnel. If she does it again you will have to take the tunnel out of the cage. Chins can be 'funny' that way. Sometimes you can't figure out why they do what they do.

i agree. give lots of dust baths and clean the fleece on her tunnel very well. if she still smells the pee on it, she might do it again.

Yeah I figured that's what happened but just wanted to make sure! Thanks for the replies :)

Back