weight question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
I took in a rescue who's history was unknown by owner (not really owner, chin was left behind in an apt when tenants moved out her the owner couldn't get a hold of the people) about 2 months ago. When she came to me she seemed to be in pretty good shape over all, and has done well since I've been watching over her.

When she first came to me, she was 650g and healthy. She put on a little weight, which I just figured to be due to better quality food (I feed PARN) but she has gotten now to over 850! I'm assuming the possibility of her being with kit, but I was wondering how many out there have bigggg girls. She was very shaken when she first came to me, and has settled in quite nicely. The cage she's in isn't kit safe, so I'm planning on moving her to one just in case but don't want to shake her comfort if I don't have to.

Realistically I'll be moving her either way just to be safe, I was just hoping for some input from others. Anyone have some big babies on hand?!? My heaviest chin is just under 800g but he is built completely different...so I guess that may be why I am leaning so strongly towards her being with kit.:hmm:

There are many people who breed that have bigger females, it's what they want to breed. It is highly possible she could just be a bigger girl. How long was she with the other person while they tried to get ahold of the former owner? I'd prep for babies just in case, but she could just be a big girl.

I have two girls pushing 800 and one in the mid 800s :). I can't believe someone left their chinnie behind, that's just sad. Could be she is just supposed to be a big girl...or she could be pregnant I guess.

I have several females over 800 grams....right now I have one at 1004 But she is usually 860

I just thought that she was healthy looking when she came to me...not really boney etc. so I wasn't expecting her to put on so much weight.

after the tenants left and the woman had the chin for maybe a week. She brings her dog to my vets office, so when she called her vet to find out what to do with the chin, they gave her my number.

O well, I'll keep ya'll updated. I'm keeping a close eye on her for now though!:tease:

I have a girl that added 100 grams to her weight after changing to PANR. I am quite sure that she is not pregnant because she has leveled off with her weight has been been at about 800 for over a month.

SO0O0O0O0O0O it turns out she WAS pregnant! They all are feeding and look to be fine. I'll weigh them after they're dry and all. It seems like there is one darker one (guessing standard father) and two beige looking babies (like the mother)! I've housed babies before but not from birth. I did all the reading I could find, but if anyone has some helpful tips or anything just let me know!

Yay!!!

I'll post pics soon!

Back