Weeko

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfleenor2

I love chinnies!
Whoa, it's hard for me to write this. On Sept. 1st, when I checked on Weeko, she was lying at the bottom of the cage, dead. Sheesh! I can't believe it! I miss her so much! She was a dwarf, 6 yrs old. Do dwarfs not live as long as regular chinnies? There was no blood, no obvious injury, she hadn't been sick. An accident? Sometimes when she heard a sudden noise she'd run really fast thru the 5 story cage, and sometimes fall. All the ledges were placed so if she fell, it wasn't far. She was always OK after such a run. I don't know what happened. Dang, I feel so bad she died! My sweetie Weeko!! -- my "dirty cotton ball". When she poked her nose thru the bars, early in the day, wanting a shreddie, my husband and I said "Who awakened Weeko?" I miss saying it and seeing my special little sweetie. :'(

Aww. I am so sorry for your loss. Weeko sounds like such a wonderful chin! Just for future reference, vets can preform necropsies and find out further details on how a chin died. You may never know though. I don't really know what a dwarf chin's lifespan is compared to a regular chin, but I am sure another member here would know.

RIP sweet Weeko.

Sorry for your loss. A couple of times I would go to my chin room and find one dead. They would be fine the day before and that night then dead the next day.

I think the hardest thing about losing a beloved pet is not knowing why they died and if anything could have prevented it. I'm so sorry you lost Weeko and you have no answers as to why. May Weeko keep a continuous watch over you from above.

Back