Website for school project

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvatore

Okay so for kicks and giggles I decided to make my own mock informational chinchilla website. I know that there are a few
out there, but I needed something to do and since I'm super in love with chinchillas I figured it'd be fun. So my question to everyone, is it okay to use some photos I find from websites(i.e chinchilla breeders)? It's going to be up on the web for a short period of time but after my class ends I will be taking it down. If I were to credit each website that I borrow photos from would it be okay to use them? Or do I need to email each website owner asking for their permission? About the only thing I really need is just different mutations of the chinchilla. The information I plan on phrasing in my own words.

~Keira

I would highly recommend emailing the person asking permission to use the photo as it's there picture. I know I have no problem with someone using my pictures as long as they ask first.

Last edited:
According to APA it's not a problem as long as the sites are used to reference.

Now, I personally like to be asked. You are welcome to use photos off my site, I try to cite anything that is not my photo to the owner, so if it's cited, it's not mine.

Yeah, it depends on the website owners. I personally would only mind it if someone took a photo and tried to take credit or something of that nature. But if they're an active site and you email them im sure they wouldn't mind at all if you credit them properly.(i say active just so you know they still update it and access their email regularly)

Back