Water bottle help!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maggie:-)

Last week my water bottle started leaking so i went out and bought an expensive glass one. Well i came home from work to discover it didnt look like any water was coming out of it. I am so pissed its not even a week old and that means maggie went all day with no water. I will always make sure i have a backup water bottle now because i will not be able to get one until the morning. Im feeding her water off a spoon now and with a syringe. She was so thirsty i feel aweful. But anyways can you guys tell me what kind of waterbottles you use?! And maybe where i can order one???? Thank you.

lixit ones work great, and they now have a no drip one, its like the water buddy that used to be out.

Has anyone every used the water bottles without the ball? It just has like a little metal stick?!? I tried one with my finger and it qas difficult to get the water out.

Yes, and from my experience those ones like to "stop working" as well. I've had the best luck with the Lixit Wide Mouth water bottle or the Super Pet Wide Fill, but prefer Lixit as I've never had one of those leak. Mine don't chew their bottles though so I don't have an issue with plastic ones.

It was a super pet one that i had. I willtry the lixit one.
Thank you :) i am up giving maggie from a spoon lol. I will have to do it every few hours until morning when the store opens. O well i think she is liking the extra attention.

i use a glass superpet bottle for my girl.
and a plastic bottle for my boy since he isn't a plastic chewer.

I have used the glass super pet ones as well with no issues. The plastic ones the kiddos chewed through them right away.

i have them and i think they are great, if they stop working, just clean it out, sometimes the chinnies get stuff stuck in the spicket part of it, its easy to clean out ..

I clean it out it was just not working and i dont know why. I got a new one the lixit one. It seems good so far lol

Let's hope this one lasts a little longer. I tried to have water bottles for my birds but they kept "stopping" and after Ollie going without water for at least a day (I didn't know it wasn't working), I went back to water dishes for them. Unfortunately with chins that isn't an option but I'm sure you're glad to not have to use a spoon. =)

The only Super Pet bottle I like is the glass one. Their plastic ones don't last very long in my opinion, and the water tube tends to fall out after a short period of time. Lixit plastic bottles have held up very well here. I'm probably going to change to their glass versions however.

My Chins don't chew so I have plastic water bottles now but they leak and I've about had it! This thread has been helpful so I'm going to try the lixit I think. I need 3 so I want to make sure what I get is worth the cost.

When I first got my chin he had a plastic one and it leaked, I got a new plastic one and he chewed through it, I went through about a dozen plastic bottles before I realized they even made glass ones. UGH, sometimes I'm just slow. LOL

Back