WA State ECBC 2013 Fall Field Day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seachin

WASHINGTON STATE BRANCH OF ECBC
FALL FIELD DAY
October 5, 2013

The members of the WA State ECBC Branch are proud to announce our branch’s reactivation. Members of our branch represent quality chinchilla husbandry in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Western Canada. We are looking forward to revitalizing the chinchilla industry in the Pacific Northwest.

We have an educational show in the planning and we encourage new breeders to join us for an exciting day of learning about breeding quality chinchillas!

We hope to see you at our first show!

Holiday Inn - Renton * Free airport shuttle!*
1 South Grady Way
Renton, WA 98057 (425)226-7700 *Ask for the ECBC Chinchilla rate!*

Judge:
Roger Clark, Colorado

Time:
Judging starts promptly at 10:00am Saturday, October 5th

Schedule of Events:

Friday night: 6:00pm: Show hall setup
7:00– 9:00pm: Animal registration and caging (not required if arriving Saturday morning)
Show hall locked at 9:00pm

Saturday: 6:00-10:00am: Grooming, registration and caging
9:00am: New exhibitors help session (grooming, paper work and how the show works)
10:00am: Show with TBD educational seminars

$6.00/animal for ECBC members
$8.00/animal for non-members
No admission fee to attend the event

Special Events:
Raffle, 50/50 Drawing, Silent Live Animal Auction, Baby Derby ($4 fee)

Silent Auction:
$75 minimum/$500 maximum, Silent auction format, 10% minimum bid increase, minimum $10 increase per bid. Owners place bottom dollar on animals they wish to sell by 10:00am and cannot change prices or bid on their own animals. Bidding will continue for 30minutes after the show ends.10% of all animal sales during show weekend is payable to the host branch by the seller regardless of if the animal is shown.

Ryan at [email protected] for questions, showbook ads, raffle tickets or sponsorships.

A 50/50 drawing is basically a money drawing. The money put in to purchase tickets is added up and 50% of the money goes to the chapter and 50% of the money goes to the winner of the drawing.

YES!!! I can't wait to attend the first show for the newly reactivated Washington Branch!!!

I got a great deal on Frontier -- only $248 -- so I've already booked it!!!

Roger Clark is one of my favorite Colorado rancher buddies and his Crawford field days were always very educational. This sounds like its going to be a GREAT time and I hope that I'll get the chance to finally meet some of my friends from the Pacific Northwest!!!

Sarah Ralston, are you bringing the Fireball??? ;)

I'll be there to help out with anything. I may bring a few chins to show and maybe some to sell. I'll be flying in so I will be limited on number but I'll bring what I have space for.

WOO HOO, Sumiko!!!

How about Shahna and Tabitha??? Can't wait to see my Cali Girls!!!

Last edited:
I am going to try, but it all depends on how school is going when October rolls around.

Study hard so you can have a long weekend!!! It's gonna be a FUN time!!! I really hope you can come...I missed you at Nationals.

I might try to drive up. It'd be a good excuse to see the northern part of the country. I have a trip planned to go to vegas though returning less than a week before the show, so that'd be a ton of driving in a short time period. But it'd be nice to go if I can swing it somehow. I need to pick up some grooming combs and the stuff to do ear tags though if I'm going to do it right.

It would be good to meet you, Jeremiah. It is a field day, so you don't need to do ear tags. Perhaps talk to some of the California breeders....there may be someone you could carpool with!

i know ear tags aren't required for field days, but figured it would be best to just get it ordered and over with since I'm going to need it for the state shows anyhow. extra bits of motivation are always helpful. :) now just to see if anyone wants to carpool.

Shahna, Tab, and I have carpooled up to some WA and OR shows in the past. It's a nice scenic drive. I have to fly this year though as my new job won't allow me to take any time off yet.

Jeremiah, I'll have extra combs if you need to borrow any.

Good news for those people traveling from far to come for the show, hotels.com is running the cheapest deal on rooms right now at this hotel. $95/night...cheaper than the group rate! :) Thanks, Lynn, for letting us know about that!

I might try to drive up. It'd be a good excuse to see the northern part of the country. I have a trip planned to go to vegas though returning less than a week before the show, so that'd be a ton of driving in a short time period. But it'd be nice to go if I can swing it somehow. I need to pick up some grooming combs and the stuff to do ear tags though if I'm going to do it right.

Jeremiah, this is the website for the ear tags. Don't forget to get the applicator! http://www.nationalband.com/1005.htm

I'm so excited! I can't wait for October! I keep telling my chins to keep growing so they can compete with everyone else..... not sure they really listen.... but I've got my fingers crossed!

Back