Very sad news, please keep her in your thoughts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsangelaaa

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate topic, since this is a family friendly forum, so if not can a mod please delete?

My boyfriend just informed me that his cousin Sandi tried to commit suicide. She took 15 vicodin and 15 muscle relaxers, and her mom found her this morning. I don't know the details, but according to him one of her lungs is damaged beyond repair, and her liver and other organs are really damaged as well. She's in a coma and the doctor's don't know if she will survive until morning. Please please please send healing thoughts her way, and to her family as well. Her mom is going beyond crazy right now, and everyone is just very scared and worried.

Please keep her in your thoughts. This is a very sad time for both our families. My aunt recently attempted suicide for the second time, and a family friend's sister committed suicide two weeks ago. One of my boyfriend's cousins took his life in the past few years and the cousin's brother disappeared shortly afterwards. This is all just very sad. Please send healing thoughts and prayers that she'll pull through because there have been too many deaths already in their family and another would just tear their family apart.

In my prayers. Just give them love and understanding. Let them know that Death isn't the answer. But to live to have a full and happy life. And what ever is going on there lives they belive they have to have commit suided isnt worth it and will eventally go away.
Keep us updated. Hope all turns better for them

Oh my goodness :(

I am so sorry to hear about this - I hope they and their families can get support and help, and be able to find peace.

I have an update. I was thinking of the wrong cousin, her name is Helen not Sandi. She woke up a couple days ago, and she can speak now but she has trouble breathing on her own. She is in the psych ward now, and her mom can only see her once a day, which is weird and scary. But we are glad that she woke up. I've heard about people who never wake up and we are glad that she is at least awake now.

Kind of a strange topic, but does anyone know people who read tarot cards? She got into tarot cards, and she would read them to my bf and his family and she would be spot on about everything. She would do these "blessings" on my bf's house when she came over, and would ask everyone if they could hear the spirits coming, it was all really freaky. Then she said she started hearing spirits and voices talking to her all the time. We think that's what drove her to do what she did. It's freaky that this happened because my bf had another friend who got into tarot cards, really believed in that stuff, and went crazy too. She said she kept hearing voices and she couldn't escape them and stuff. I'm now really FREAKED of tarot cards, and I can't believe this is all happening, it's so surreal.

It almost sounds like she may be partially schizophrenic if she's hearing voices. Honestly, tarot cards can be as on as you want to make them or believe them to be. I have a set and it's fun to play around with them, but you can twist the meanings of the cards to be "right".

Best wishes to her, and I hope she gets the help she needs to recover successfully.

Is she Pagan? It sounds like that's the guidelines she's going by, with the Tarot cards, the blessings and such.

I hope she gets everything worked out; it's really scary being in a situation like that my doctor or pharmacist, whatever, gave me the wrong dose for my migraine medication and I ended up overdosing on accident. So hopefully she can deal with everything and get back on to her normal life. How long does she have to stay in the ward? It's required for all suspected suicide attempts, I only had to stay for a week; I s'pose though it's a different situation for her.

Kind of a strange topic, but does anyone know people who read tarot cards?
[...]
I'm now really FREAKED of tarot cards, and I can't believe this is all happening, it's so surreal.

I read Tarot. They're just like prayer beads or lighting a candle-- tools for the mind to connect with or conceptualize something we can't always explain through science or logic. However, a lot of people with emotional and psychological imbalances reach for religions and oracles as part of trying to regain control of their feelings and thoughts. While Tarot, Paganism, the Occult, New Age philosophy, etc. and psychological problems can be linked, correlation does not prove causation. (Or, in laymen's terms, a deck of cards can't make you "crazy" simply by being present, but with an underlying imbalance, any object or person can become the 'cause'.)

I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers for your cousin. :( I can't imagine her fear and discomfort at a time like this.

a.) Hearing voices is a major sign of schizophrenia. She needs to be treated for that if it comes up that she has it. Has she been evaluated for it yet? Is she being honest with her doctors about her auditory hallucinations?

b.) IF (big if) this does have something to do with the Tarot, she might well have opened some kind of door. Tarot and Ouija boards are meant to make contact with something in a world other than the one we live in, and often people who experience hauntings have messed with a Ouija board or the like (kind of like in Paranormal Activity, but much less extreme). My grandmother read the Tarot, and because of an experience she had, both my sister and I were banned from reading them (Gran proved to be eerily correct several times, including predicting the death of a friend's toddler son). However, as previously mentioned, the cards can be manipulated in several ways to make them appear correct (or they will just be very vague).

I would be much more inclined to believe the first scenario as genuine clairvoyants and hauntings are actualy extremely rare, especially considering the degree she is experiencing. She is in a psych ward, so she will be evaluated for mental disorders.

I hope everything goes well, and I hope she is able to recover with the appropriate help!

Back