Urgent help small ingestion of vaseline will he be ok

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigelAndPeanut

I put a little Vaseline on my chins foot and he licked it off is that fine the kind I used was meant for babies

So long as it was just a little bit, not a whole glob that is fine. Bag balm is what is recommended to put on dry cracked feet, and all that is is vaseline (petroleum jelly) and antiseptic.

So long as it was just a little bit, not a whole glob that is fine. Bag balm is what is recommended to put on dry cracked feet, and all that is is vaseline (petroleum jelly) and antiseptic.
Thankyou so much that is such a relief I just love my little guy Nigel

I use Bag Balm for horses and myself. Good to know it's safe for chins, because I always have some around! That stuff is awesome.

Bag Balm contains lanolin, which is technically an animal product, so initially I wasn't sure if it was okay for chins, but it's good to know it's safe in small amounts.

Back