Update on Buster

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nezhka

I've been treating Buster for GI stasis since February 2. He started pooing a small amount on Feb. 4. I brought him back to the vet on the 5th, though, because his eye looked goopy, and got eye drops. The doc took X-rays (no blockages!), increased the metoclopramide and added subQ fluids to the treatment plan. But that night I heard some strange breathing noises, so brought him back on the 6th. They prescribed oral antibiotics...I was feeling pretty overwhelmed, so I boarded him at the vet over the weekend. By this point he was pooing fairly consistently, but they were small, hard, dry poos. However, he didn't show any improvement over the weekend.
I saw him on Monday, and he sounded so bad....he was hacking and all congested.. :( I left him there one more night, and took him home this past Tuesday (the 10th). He's been pooing a lot more, but they're still small. They are getting softer, though.
His breathing is back to normal, which is awesome, and this morning for the first time since this started, he investigated his food and hay! His eye is still a bit funky, but it is getting better slowly.

Anyway, I just wanted to share.

I wish you and Buster the best!! I am glad he is doing better!

Awww hope he makes it through. Sending chinny hugs your way

Phoenix and the girls send their best to Buster ..and we're all hoping for a full and speedy recovery for him!

Hang in there! :)

Be happy- ever little progress makes a huge difference, especially when it comes to bloat.

Binx sending wishes for a speeding recovery to Buster! :heart3:

Glad to hear it, but he'll make a full recovery, which is always good news. :dance3:

Jean and gang (lol for the gang)

It sounds like Buster is on the right track and he'll be back to normal in no time. Poor guy, what a rough stretch for him! So glad to hear the good news!

:hug2:

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad he's on the right track!

I'm sure you were overwhelmed, exhausted, and sick with worry. It's been a long, hard fight.

Back