update and questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kardelen

Astrid and i are doing great!!!

She is an amazing creature and she enjoys getting out of the cage and spending time with me and all the love and attention she gets from the family.
Its now a year that we are together and things have settled down and we have found a routine.

Lately when petted/scratched under her belly she did a weird sound...
after searching here and on youtube i saw people saying it is called a sneeze and that if the chin is sneezing it should be taken immediately to the vet and that it is a very bad sound and the chin is say to you "to f... off and let me be"

Due to the fact that in the comments in youtube there is lots of things being said...as that it is not a sneeze but a bark and that it is abuse or that it is enjoying it , i filmed it so you can all see her and hear the sound and perhaps help me out and tell me if she should be taken to the vet and what that sound is.

I'd hate to be hurting her in anyway

(though she doesn't seem to be in any distress or pain or anything)

Astrid

Also i have some other questions i need help with

a)a few months ago she started shedding and i looked it up and the sites said that once every 6 months they do that.Is it valid?

b)when is the time to reproduce a chin?is there a specific time in the year a chin can reproduce?How do we know when that time is? (no i do not want to reproduce Astrid are things i 'd like to know)

thank you for the help!!!

That is a bark. You are not hurting her. If you were, she would move away. I think it tickles. I have a girl who does that when you scratch her lower back, but she does nothing to get away from it.

Chins can breed anytime during the year. They come into heat in a little less than once a month. Sometimes they will skip a month or tow. For most females, you will never even notice that she is in heat.

kardelen, that video of you scratching your chin's tummy is priceless! What a quirky little fuzzy, lol. Thanks for sharing.

I'm afraid your chinchilla has a serious chronic condition, and there is no cure. That condition... is attitude. I'm so sorry...

Seriously though, too cute and nothing to worry about. :)

Back