Unknown Blood Spotting

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

I'm terrified. While I was deep cleaning my chin cage, I found some blood on top of their hay feeder. There's no signs that they fought, they still cuddle, and no fur slip. I'm not sure when exactly the blood happened, but somewhere in the past 1215788997816418338882320738112126.jpg hours. They're acting normally too. They're going to the Vet in 4 weeks. Can it wait that long, or do they need to be seen now? No other blood has been spotted thus far.

Check their feet. If they are too dry, they can crack, bleed, and even develop bumblefoot. Check their pads and toes specifically.

Check their feet. If they are too dry, they can crack, bleed, and even develop bumblefoot. Check their pads and toes specifically.
I checked their feet, they both look okay and have some normal callussing here and there. I'm glad there's no cracking, but now it makes me even more confused as to where in the world the blood came from. :unsure: Also, no more blood has been spotted, so the chin that bled hasn't been bleeding again for multiple hours now, thankfully.

Back