Two Intact Females Need Home - Maryland

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherLouWho

The Squee Queen
Two chins, both female, both intact. Healthy, active, 1.5 years old.

White chin named Vanilla Chinchilla, aka Vanya. Bold. Likes being petted. Daredevil (would jump off the top of the cage if it means freedom).

Gray chin named Salem. Skittish. Loves Vanya. They sleep in a pile.

Three-tier cage, food, etc. can also be hadSalem.jpegVanya.jpeg. Located in Mount Airy, MD.

Loving, chin-owning household only, please.

To clarify, these are NOT my chins. I would take them if I could, but my elderly male chin would be very offended at any other chin in HIS house. These belong to a friend who took them in "temporarily," but it has become "permanent." There is no rush; she is a responsible person and won't just strand them or give them away to someone just to have them gone. She just wants to find someone who would really love to have them.

Two chins, both female, both intact. Healthy, active, 1.5 years old.

White chin named Vanilla Chinchilla, aka Vanya. Bold. Likes being petted. Daredevil (would jump off the top of the cage if it means freedom).

Gray chin named Salem. Skittish. Loves Vanya. They sleep in a pile.

Three-tier cage, food, etc. can also be hadView attachment 21750View attachment 21751. Located in Mount Airy, MD.

Loving, chin-owning household only, please.
Bump!

Good afternoon Heather,

I am interested if they are still available currently have 1 female chin at home in a 4 tier cage. Hoping to have some friends as I know how social they are. I stay at home and so does my mom so they will have plenty of attention and supervised play.

Here's a pic of her. Her name is Luna. She is 5 months old.

Attachments

• 16569569494568630003257354679567.jpg
    16569569494568630003257354679567.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 7
Good afternoon Heather,

I am interested if they are still available currently have 1 female chin at home in a 4 tier cage. Hoping to have some friends as I know how social they are. I stay at home and so does my mom so they will have plenty of attention and supervised play.
Hello,
Reading your post and looking at Luna, I become so excited you'll have them.:)
How's bonding with your chin?

Good morning Chinmin,

Thank you 🥰, I'm super excited as well. Bonding with Luna is steady and gratifying. It's the best feeling in the world when she sniffs my hand and starts to crawl in.

That's simply awesome.:) Does she have issues with you picking her up?

That's simply awesome.:) Does she have issues with you picking her up?

Good morning, I usually wait until she is fully in my hands or attempting to crawl up my arm before I fully pick her up. If she's halfway in/out of my hand I don't try it because it startles her and she backtracks off my hand. Once she's in my hand, it usually means she wants playtime.

That's the best approach I would say. Besides doesn't it feel great when they voluntarily come to you? Just asked because others get sad after several failed attempts to pick them up.

I understand. I'm always cognizant that it takes time and trust so that they can become comfortable enough to even approach you, none the less jump into your hand. I don't take it personally if I have to work hard at gaining their trust. It's a process and not a easy one.

I understand. I'm always cognizant that it takes time and trust so that they can become comfortable enough to even approach you, none the less jump into your hand. I don't take it personally if I have to work hard at gaining their trust. It's a process and not a easy one.
Trust is earned, most of the time, right? Besides, you can already enjoy them while still waiting.

How are they settling in? Do you have any photos?
They are doing ok. Acclimating nicely. The grey one is certainly the tougher party to please and to gain trust from. But she is happy with Luna at least. These are from last night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220712-000253_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220712-000253_Chrome.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220711-235139_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220711-235139_Chrome.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
They are doing ok. Acclimating nicely. The grey one is certainly the tougher party to please and to gain trust from. But she is happy with Luna at least. These are from last night.
Looks like Vanya likes you already! I'm so happy you could take them!

Back