TV?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocolatPocky

I have a single chin and I've read that it's really helpful for them to have a TV so that they're not all by themselves with nothing to do at night. Does anyone have an opinion on this? I play with Mr. B at the very least, every other night. Usually try to play with him ever night for about 45 min or more, and interact with him. He has a wheel and a chew toys/sticks in his cage too. But I do wonder if he's lonely and if having a TV would help!

I'd like to eventually get another chin and have it in a cage in the same room so they can at least talk, but right now my apt is too small, so it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I know my guys like watching shows and movies, they are diagonally behind me so they can see my pc screen and watch Netflix and DVD movies with me. There are also cat and dog tv shows on YouTube, some are 8-12 hours long, and are of various things like birds, squirrels, fish, etc, so you might find something a chin might like watching that too. I use to have an underwater screen saver (previous version of windows) with fish and other ocean creatures that I would leave on for my chins to watch at night, they seemed to enjoy that.

Great topic!

Mine will come onto the human sofa once in a while and since there is a big tv playing he does stop there and watch. No activity, just watch. I noticed he doesn't like news, he likes football where the ball is seen kicked around the field. He likes animal channels. These channels make him pause and stay frozen a little longer. Helps when TV audio is low. They don't like loud noises.

So occasionally when there no TV I like to put on some radio or music in general. As long as it is not blastingly loud I think it is an avenue of relaxation for the chin.... Even in talk news talk shows where people just talking, may make them feel less lonely, and used to people talking. I have the perception these chins prefer quietness. Here during the morning there are birds chirping. And my chin is seen trying to analyst these bird noises. Where they come from etc.

Their attention span is rather short. As long as is not playing loudly should be alright. Actually the TV and audio is less important then room temperature. They have to be placed at areas with ideal temperature. I won't worry about tv entertainment too much. Except during their active hours you do want to engage, play with them, talk to them etc. Sleep hours leave it quiet let chin sleep nicely

=)

I actually play music for Pluto during the night! He seems to enjoy it and sometimes will try and talk to certain songs. I also live in a small apartment and don't have room for a tv in the same room as my chin, so a radio might also be a good alternative if he's seemed extra lonely

I actually play music for Pluto during the night! He seems to enjoy it and sometimes will try and talk to certain songs. I also live in a small apartment and don't have room for a tv in the same room as my chin, so a radio might also be a good alternative if he's seemed extra lonely
I do the same.

Back