Truffles

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hooked on Hogs
Truffles 2004,06,16 - 2009,03,24

It's bad enough to loose one but these days we seem to be loosing two at a time. Truffles and Starla went paw in paw across the bridge today.

Truffles came to me at 4 months old when her breeder had to re-home his hedgehogs because of severe allergies. Truffles was a big gal. She is a very long hedgehog and at one time was close to 1000g. Truffy was a lovely girl and always got along so well with the others during playtime.

On Saturday I thought her face was slightly swollen and Sunday it obviously was as well as her eye slightly bulging.

I put both girls in one carrier to take them to the vet and Truffles kept crawling out of her bag and over to Starla's. Of course typically Starla, she kept huffing at Truffles but Truffles persisted and finally they cuddled together.

I'll miss you Truff. You've been with us so long and the hedgie room is not the same without you. I know you're going to see all your friends again. Watch out for Cinder and Pebbles. Remember how they chewed your quills.

Love ya sweety.

Truffles loved to stretch when she first got up. Some of the faces she'd make were priceless.

I'm sorry for such hard losses lately. At least they're not alone. The last pic was priceless.

Such priceless expressions on Truffles sweet little face. How lucky she was to be one of your gang! She has many friends in her new home too.

Oh Nancy, 2 in one day? I am so very sorry. She sure looked like she had a lot of spunk- what a precious little (big!) girl she was.

oh my gosh. im so sorry to hear about sweet Truffles and Starla, they both looked like such sweet little angels, :angel10:

Once again, so sorry for the loss... I'm sure they are all looking down, appreciating all the love and joy you and your family have given. <3

Truffles sounds like such a sweetheart! I'm terribly sorry for all your losses lately, Nancy, and will be keeping you and the gang in my prayers! :prayer:

Back