Treatment

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

So somehow I thought yesterday was Tuesday and today was the vet appointment for my chin's foot. This means I have to wait another 24 hours for him to be seen, which is fine since he isn't bleeding anymore and he's acting normally. I was just wondering what I should do in the meantime. I applied Bag Balm last night, so what should I do treatment-wise today? Should I repeat the wound washing treatment I did yesterday, or just apply Bag Balm?

Since it's not bleeding, I would just apply some bag balm. The bag balm will help keep it from getting dry (causing cracks) and it also has antiseptic in it.

Since it's not bleeding, I would just apply some bag balm. The bag balm will help keep it from getting dry (causing cracks) and it also has antiseptic in it.
Should I apply it once a day or more?

Once a day is fine.
While applying the sprays yesterday, I did a pretty good job applying the wound wash on his foot, but with the fungicidal spray I didn't manage to apply it entirely on his foot. I got it on about half of his heel, maybe a little more. Should I try to reapply it, or should I just stick with Bag Balm?

I wouldn't bother with the antifungal spray, it sounds more like cracked feet not a fungal infection.

Back