Treat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whiskers387

Is it safe to give my chin a pinch of crushed rosehips, whole oats, rolled oats, pearled barley, and golden flax seeds, as a mixture every once in a while?

Where did that combination come from?
Rosehips and rolled oats are safe, but I wouldn't chance the others!

They were some ingredients i got for a chinchilla cookie recipe, the only thing i really have in question is the golden flax seeds because she said flax seeds but idk if there is a difference

I would say no to the barley especially with the whole oats. They are both very filling and full of fiber. Crushed rose hips and oats is a mixture I give me chins but just those 2 together. You really don't want to do any overload of too much fiber for them.

I would say a simpler recipe may be better. I feed the Ryerson Suppliment it is great and no wondering if it safe. I also feed lifeline a few times a week.

I feed my chins organic healthy supplement that has the items listed below. I feed each chin 1/2 teaspoon daily. Along with herbal supplements weekly and 1/8 teaspoon Natures Best Premium Organic Nutrient Health Care. I feed only organic and natural items. The herbs, grains and other items are free of pesticides and herbicides, and are not fumigated or irradiated. Lab tested, 100% pure.

Nature's Best Premium Organic Health Supplement Mix

• Organic Whole White Buckwheat Groats
  • Organic Brown Flax Seeds
  • Organic Millet
  • Organic Steel Cut Oats
  • Organic Whole Oat Groats
  • Organic Rolled Barley Flakes
  • Bee Pollen
  • Organic Alfalfa Seeds

This is a vital health supplement mix for the help with all functions. It helps with proper insulation of the body's organs against shock. Maintenance of body temperature for health of skin and fur. Antioxidant and a high reactive free radical that will help stop cell damage. Antioxidants that inhibits some cancers, strengthens capillaries, helps with healing of cuts, sores, after surgeries. Helps with autoimmune, plus carbohydrates for energy and maintains proper digestion.

Sounds like too much to me. I would stick with rosehips for occasional treats, and wood every day. I don't think they need anything else, and is does much more harm than good. One of my picky picky chins will stop eating his food if I give him oats. He loves them so much he will go on a hunger strike hoping I get scared and feed him some supplement or critical care in fear he will go into stasis. He is a brat! Spoil them with love not treats is a really good motto to have with chins.

Back