Travel Cage Ideas??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashNGordon

I'm am the owner of two fabulously sweet chin-guys and I would like to take them to present with my nonprofit group, Warriors of the Wild. I'm nervous to take both of them out at the schools we present to and I'm wondering if there are any travel cages that I would be able to travel easily with and they would be comfortable in when I'm presenting, but would still be easy for the kids to see. ANY IDEAS???

I've done a number of presentations with the chins at my local Humane Society and a couple of classrooms. I use a cat carrier to get them to and from the event and the large Martin's Rat Playpen to hold them during the presentation. The playpen is large enough for them to move around and open enough for the kids to see the chins easily. The playpen folds flat for easy transport and storage and has a lid to keep the chins safely inside.

I know I'm late to this thread but I got this carrier from PetSmart for my chins and my vet was impressed by it. The plastic bottom is smooth enough that there is very little that they can chew on. My boys try to chew the edges of the metal door, then settle in for the ride. I line it with a thickly folded piece of fleece, which covers the channel at the bottom that they would probably try to chew if they knew about it. The mesh top makes them easy to see, is very strong, and the holes are small enough to protect them from anything. And it's big enough for a small lap dog. Lot's of room for a chin or three. I have one for each boy since they're not bonded.

Here's the link to the carrier. http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind...83&lmdn=Carrier+Style&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No

I like the pen Menagerie mentioned. The one I use is not as easy to see into.

Back